2. FORECASt. A development focused trend magazine designed to inspire, educate and indulge yourcreative side. With a focus on Spring/Summer 2012, we report on the main design trends in fashion, andlifestyle that will influence new product launches in the coming two years.With fragrance interpretation from CPL Aromas and print, colour ways and design details per trend, wehelp guide your development process and inspire your creative range planning within fragrance.IMAGE BY ALENA JASZCZENKOCPL AROMAS & LONDONCOLLEGE OF FASHION 2010
3. FORECAST : LIVINGMaking perfumes and cosmetics from plantsTues 16 Aug, 10am-4pm. £95This summer, be inspired at London’s oldest botanicgarden with Christopher Slevin and Jennifer Jambon’senchanting talk on the development of fragrances fromplant to perfume. The tour also looks to illustrate howaromatherapy scientifically stimulates body and mindand also how natural extracts have been used throughthe ages to beautify the body, with the chance to tryyour hand in perfumery and blend your own essence.SPOTLIGHTON SUMMER 2011MR BEAM: The easy way to redecorate!For DIY-phobics, this might just be a dream come true.Projection mapping seems to be the next big thing inart and design and Dutch artists have created aprojector that will completely revamp your living roomin seconds - making stripping wallpaper andpainting walls a thing of the past. The twolight-projector system, called ‘Mr Beam’, can transform aplain white living room into a girl’s playroom - completewith pink patterned wallpaper, brightly colouredfurniture and even a Spongebob Squarepants poster.Then, at a click of a mouse, it can transform the sameroom into a cosy 1970s lounge - with a sleek woodenfloor, patterned wallpaper and comfy leather sofas. Theteam have also experimented with their invention on theoutside of buildings, one example being their grand lightshow to unveil a new flagship H&M store in Amsterdam,complete with red ribbon and bow.Unfortunately, the projectors are not commerciallyavailable as the designers have not yet figured out a wayto sit in the room without turning you into part of thebackground...but watch this space, things can change atthe blink of an eye!Pour Elle: style-passport.comThis just may well be a woman’s dream website– an online boutique that tells her exactly whatto buy for every style of holiday, be it a festival,city or spa weekend, beach break or even a stay-cation. Style-passport.com delivers to your doorwithin hours, offering together everything frombikinis to bags, creams to kaftans, and organisesproducts according to your destination. It’s easy:log on, jet off, chill out.
4. Science and technology play a huge rolein modern life and we will see fashionembrace the beauty that can be foundin unexpected places in the scientificworld. Microscopic organisms, bacteriaand even blood cells can all be beautifulwhen viewed under the microscope,organically forming into magicalpatterns and dazzling colours.Nano Science is the fashion expressioninspired by such unexpected beautyas we see the catwalks illuminated bybursts of neon dye and print effects thatcreate unusual and vivid designs.The LookAn inspiring techni-colour world is cre-ated when science and fashion collide.Key Inspiring SS11 CollectionsCacharel, Issey Miyake, Nina Ricci,Fendi, Proenza Schouler, Halston,Burberry Prorsum, Prada.Geo Mythology-Nano ScienceAmanda Wakeley Cacharel
5. www.cplaromas.comKey Design DetailsFluid loose silhouettes/ bacteria inspired prints/ light fabrics/ vivid designs/ dazzling dye effects/neon accessories.Nano Science Colours are a boldexplosion of bright and neon colours thatcollide and marble together to create arainbow of shades. Muted neon purpleand pink merge into translucent acidhues of green, yellow and blue, glowingagainst clinical white and black.Fragrance Direction is vibrant andexpressive. The vivid and modern tonesof sparkling citrus florals created throughblends of uplifting bergamot and grape-fruit complimented by beautiful whiteflowers. Light and fresh green fragrancesalso reflect this trend with watery fruitypear and apple as well as green floralaccords of galbanum, violet leaf and lilyof the valley.Packaging Direction should bemodern and scientific in design. Outerpackaging would be eye catching withwashed out neon patterns and printson white or black backgrounds. Bottleswould be clinical with clean white labelsand impactful neon text.Issey MiyakeCacharelCacharelCacharelNina RicciMichael Angel
6. The legends of beautiful yet strong Egyptianqueens inspire the trend of the mythicalwarrior, with their striking beauty,intoxicating power and also alluring intrigue.The many queens of Egypt have long beenregarded as the most beautiful, seductivewomen ever to grace a throne.We see modern interpretations ofAncient Egyptian fashion through the use ofluxurious metallic fabrics, rhinestones andsequins set against matte materials. Tocreate goddess worthy silhouettes fabricsare twisted and belted to create dramaticgathers and cut-outs. The result is ultraluxurious and feminine, sexy evening wear.Antique Cultures-Mythical WarriorAF Vandervorst AF VandervorstThe LookDangerously seductive Egyptian queenmeets warrior princess in this sensual andopulent trend.Key Inspiring SS11 CollectionsAF Vandervorst, Elie Saab.
7. Mythical Warrior Colours are sump-tuous and extravagant, dominated by varyingshades of metallic golds and touches of silver.Contrast is created through accents of honeyyellow, buttery beiges, off white, inky blackand vivid cobalt blue, although gold is the keycolour throughout.Fragrance Direction is alluring andunashamedly sexy and perfect for seductiveevening concepts. Rich yet feminine orientalfragrances including notes of precious amber,rich delicious resins, sweet tobacco, exoticspices, creamy vanilla and deep woodscapture the essence of mythical warrior.Packaging Direction is seductive andunashamedly luxurious. Varying shades ofgold are eye catching on outer packagingas well as on bottles, in matt and shiny tex-tures. Vibrant blue and also black and whitecould be used for detailing.www.cplaromas.comGottex Elie SaabAF VandervorstGottexElie SaabElie SaabKey Design DetailsEmbellishments/ metallic meshes/ lycra fabrics/ sequined matte fabrics/ risqué designs/ shiny fabrics/ draping/dramatic swimwear.AF Vandervorst
8. www.cplaromas.comPERFUMERYINSPIRATIONSMeet CPL’s new perfumer based inDubai - Stephane BenganaMY LIFEFondest childhood memory?My grandmother’s cuisine. She was,without a doubt, the best cook inthe world.Tell us a secret?I almost became a skiing instructorinstead of a perfumer. I was 5 years oldwhen I started skiing and I competed alot until I was 18 years old, however, Idecided to pursue my studies inchemisry then in perfumery.Outside of work, what hobbies do youpartake in?I have many hobbies: I play golf, I watch rugby(I used to play), I cook and I love reading.What qualitiesare essentialto succeed as aperfumer?Triple P’s: passion,patience,perseverance.Do you have any guiltypleasures?I’m fond of good food and wine. I’m alover but not really a connoisseur.Which fine fragrances do you wish you hadcreated?For women: Jean-Paul Gaultier, Parfum de Peau(Montana), Coco Chanel.For men: Dolce & Gabbana for men (before theyreformulated the fragrance), Allure for Men (Chanel),Eau Sauvage (Dior).What fragrance have you created thatyou are especially proud of?It’s not a perfume but a home fragrance. Icreated the fragrance “Feu de Bois”, which wasinitially created for candles and now they arediffused (via scent diffusers) in all the Zadig &Voltaire stores in the world!What made you become a perfumer?My best friend’s parents were the owner of aperfumery shop; I spent a lot of my childhoodplaying there.What is/are your favourite places in the world, and why?I don’t know a lot of places because I haven’t travelled a lot but I lived for about 11 yearsin Cannes where they are blessed: The weather is nice, the landscape, sea and mountainsare beautiful. During the spring time, one can even go skiing in the morning and go tothe beach in the afternoon.What/who are your main inspira-tions, and why?The smells which surround me are for methe biggest source of inspiration.Ultimate dinnerguests?It would be with mychildhood friends. Imiss them a lot! It’svery difficult to allmeet up, as welive all over the world.FORECAST : A LIFE IN FRAGRANCE
9. IMAGE BY NIKOO HAMZAVI CPL AROMAS & LONDON COLLEGE OF FASHIONwww.cplaromas.com