• A workshop is a meeting during which experienced people in responsible positions come together with experts and consultants to find solution of a problems that have cropped up in the course of their work and that they have had difficulty in dealing with on their own
• The word, workshop has been derived from engineering. There are usually workshops in the engineering. In these persons have to do some task with their hands to produce something, e.g. railway workshop. Similarly workshops are organized in education to prepare questions on the subjects in question bank workshops. The participation is given knowledge and training for preparing questions in the workshop.
• Workshop is defined as assembled group of 10 to 25 persons who share a common interest or problem. They meet together to improve their individual and skill of a subject through intensive study, research, practice and discussion.
• A workshop is a meeting during which experienced people in response positions come together with experts and consultants to find solutions to problems.• A workshop is a meeting where the individual comes to learn, study and work.
• It is a practical session designed to illustrate the underlying principles of an exercise, a program etc. (A practical session in which participants are engaged to learn by doing).• Workshop refers to a group of individuals who work together towards the solution of problem in a given subject matter field during a specific period of time.
Cognitive objectives• To solve the problems of teaching profession.• To provide the philosophical and sociological background for instructional and teaching situation.
• To identify the educational objectives in the present context.• To develop an understanding regarding the use of a theme and problem.
• To develop the proficiency for planning and organizing teaching and instructional activities.• To develop the skills to perform a task independently.• To determine and use of teaching strategies effectively.• To train the persons for using different approaches of teaching.
• To use abundance of ideas.• To provides means of group study.• To provides media for cooperation.• To provides mature learning environment.
• It consists of series of meetings usually four or more with the emphasis on individual work with the group.• The total workshop may be divided into small groups and each group chooses chairman and a recorder.
• The experience and knowledge of the group itself is used in defining and solving the problems.• Active involvement of each participant, to work and to learn from practical experience.
• A mini work shop is a short workshop lasting 3 or 4 days in the case described in this document.• Main aim is introducing participants to a systemic approach to educational problems.
• The workshop aims at stimulating a given proportion of participants to wish to reach at least the objectives set out.• The success of a workshop will depend largely on the way it is planned and on the arrangements made before the opening session.
Group discussion:• Gives participants the chance to discuss and solve the problems of greatest interest to them. Each member can find something in the experience of others that has a bearing on the questions of most interest to him will make his work more meaningful.
Penal sessions:• Organizers and participants responsible for helping to find solutions to the problems selected. Participants may act as group leaders.
• Select the theme on which the workshop has to be organized. Resource Personnel’s consent should be obtained.• Budget plan has to be prepared.
• Confirm the date of workshop, it should not coincide public holidays, professional commitments of political meetings. At least one working day will precede the opening of the workshop.• Print pamphlet/hand-chart specifying the aims, registration fee, activities programme specified.• Choose the place, where participants can stay comfortably attend total activities.
• Select homogeneous participants, 2 months before day of workshop, 45 days before confirmation of participants is needed.• Written confirmation detailing the specified conditions.• Committee of sponsors, assistant organizers, volunteers has to be formulated.
• National language is working language.• Documentation, equipment, checklist, publicity, press has to be planned.• Coordination of activities.
• First Stage: The source-persons or experts are invited to provide the awareness and understanding of the topic. This stage is like a seminar type. The paper reading is also done to discuss the different aspects of the theme. The participants are given opportunities to see clarification. The experts provide the suitable illustration and steps for using it in classroom teaching or education. This stage continues first two days of the schedule.
• In the first stage theoretical background is provided to the participants. In the second stage the group is divided into small groups. The expert provides guidance and supervises their work of each trainee of his group. Every participant has to work individually and independently. Every trainee has to complete his task within the given period. At the end they meet in their groups and discuss and present their task to be completed.
• At this stage all groups meet at one place and present their reports of work done at second stage. The participants are given opportunities to comment and given suggestions for further improvement. The experts also provide suggestions on different aspects of the reports and formalities are observed at the end of the workshop.
• Organizer of the workshop.• Convener of chairman in first stage.• Experts and resources persons.• Participants or trainees.
• It is used to realize the higher cognitive and psycho-motor objectives.• It is a technique which can be effectively used for developing understanding and skill in education.• It is used for developing and improving professional efficiency, e.g. nursing, medical, and dental etc.
• The teaching proficiencies can be developed by using the workshop technique for in-service teachers.• It provides the opportunities and situations to develop the individual capacities of a teacher.• It develops the feeling cooperation and group work.• It provides the situation to study the vocational problems.
• The new practices and innovations are introduced to in-service teachers.• It allows interplay of activities and ideas.• It allows active participants of each participant.• The participants in the workshop learn by doing and gain practical experience.• Experts in the field can express their ideas.
• Members learn respect opinion of others.• Helps development of skills of discussion, argumentation and presentation of different personal views.• Group work is improved.
• The in-service teachers do not take interest to understand and use the new practices in their classrooms.• The workshops cannot be organized for large group.
• The teachers do not take interest in practical work or to go something in productive form.• The effectiveness of a workshop technique depends on the follow up program. Generally follow-up programs are not organized in workshop technique.• An effective workshop needs a lot of baseline work and initial preparation