18/276, Indira Nagar, Lucknow – 226 016.
Areas of Specialization
•Impact Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation
•Training Needs and Capability Assessment
•Training and Capacity Building
•Formulation & Management of Sector Specific Development Projects.
Sectors of Work
1Micro and Small Enterprise Development
3Women Empowerment and Gender Issues
4Water and Sanitation
Experience: More than 18 years experience of working with an apex organization set up by
Dept. of SSI, Govt. of U.P. and IDBI, IFCI & ICICI for promoting entrepreneurship
Major responsibilities handled:
•Plan for Institutional activities and fund-raising;
•Guide multi-disciplinary team for planning, implementation, monitoring of various development projects of
•Design and implement quantitative and qualitative evaluation studies and assessments;
•Design need-based training modules and capacity building interventions for different target groups in the
areas of enterprise promotion, income-generation activities, promotion of community based institutions,
•Coordinate and organize training programmes and workshops on various themes;
•Develop partnership with donor agencies, NGOs, government departments and banks;
•Prepare Reports and documents (Project Reports, Assessment reports, Training Reports etc.);
Major Significant Projects
•Planned and coordinated State level project Job-oriented Training for BPL youth, sponsored by
Department of Rural Development, GoUP;
•Designed and coordinated Training programmes on Employable Skills for Minority Community,
supported by Small Development Bank of India (SIDBI);
•Designed and coordinated Training Programmes on `Motivation & Policy Orientation’ for Officers of
Department of Industries, and Panchayati Raj, GOUP;
•Mobilized, planned and coordinated State level project Technical & Vocational Training under
Kishori Shakti Yojna for adolescent girls in 25 districts of U.P., sponsored by ICDS, GOUP
•Coordinated Training Programmes on Micro-Credit and Small Business Management for NGOs, with
the support of NIPCCD, Delhi under Swa-shakti Project of World Bank.
•Designed and headed Rural Sanitary Marts Project – Social Entrepreneurship Approach, funded by
•Designed and coordinated Capacity Building Project for Functionaries of Rural Sanitary Marts in UP
and Uttarakhand, supported by Unicef, Lucknow.
•Designed and organized programmes for Women Self-Help Groups (formed by DUDA under Child Labour
Project supported by Unicef) on Credit Management and Leadership skills.
•Organized programmes on Alternative Livelihoods Opportunities & Micro-business activities for
Women SHGs (mothers of rehabilitated child labours), formed by Labour department supported by ILO,
• Ability in micro-planning through participatory process
• Analytical and conceptual skills
• Ability to build and develop relationships with donors, institutions, government officials
• Sensitivity towards gender and diversity issues for sustainable development
• Interpersonal skills to work as part of a team
• Basic computer skills
Founded an organization `Society for Participatory Research & Development Action (SPREDA)`,
based at Lucknow. SPREDA provides consultative resource support to individuals, small enterprises and
organizations focusing at socio economic development, through capacity building, need assessment,
studies, monitoring and evaluations. Being in the Advisory Board of the SPREDA, my focus is on
strengthening, fund-raising, strategic planning and monitoring the implementation.
•Facilitation in Workshop on Project Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation with
special focus on Micro-Enterprise Development, organized by SOIR-IM (Swedish organization fro
•Evaluation of Integrated Rural Development Programme (July, 2010), funded by SOIR-IM (Swedish
organization for Individual Relief)
•End-line Evaluation of Community Health Development Project, funded by Catholic Relief Services,
India (April, 2009), carried out by Sarathi Development Foundation, Lucknow.
•Women SHGs centred Bio-pesticide project under Rural Innovation Fund, implemented in
technical collaboration of IIT, Kanpur with the support of NABARD (April, 2008-March, 2010)
•Social Mobilization through Networks in Lalitpur (SM-NET) project, implemented by Development
Support Group India (P) Ltd, Lucknow with the support of Unicef, (January, 2008-09)
•Mid-Term Evaluation of Agriculture Development & Livelihood Programme, funded by Karl Kubel
Stiftung, Germany, (November, 2007), carried out by Development Support Group India (P) Ltd,
•Socio Economic Survey of Physically Challenged persons supported by National Thermal Power
Project, Rihand, (February 2006), carried out by SDF, Lucknow.
•Socio-Economic Profiling, supported by Tata Motors, Lucknow, carried out by Development Support
Group India (P) Ltd, Lucknow.
•Capability Assessment of CSO facilitators supported by PACS Programme, DA, and DFID (October
2005), carried out by SDF, Lucknow.
•Capability Assessment of SHGs under Hariyana Community Forestry Project, supported by European
Commission (March, 2004) carried out by Sarathi Development Foundation (SDF), Lucknow.
Training and Exposure
• Certified Advance course for Recognized Trainers on Training Need Analysis by Dept. of
Personnel & Training, Govt. of India.
• Certified Course on Training Need Analysis by Dept. of Personnel & Training, Govt. of India.
• Courses on Management of Training, Direct Training Skills, Design of Training by Dept. of
Personnel & Training, Govt. of India.
• Training on Improving Job Quality in Micro-Enterprises by ILO, Italy & New Delhi.
• Training on Monitoring of Development Projects by Unicef, Lucknow.
• International Thematic PRA Workshop by Action aid and PRAXIS, Ranchi.
• Advance programme on Selection, Motivation, Counselling & Competencies by EDII,
• Advance programme on Project Report Preparation by Entrepreneurship Development Institute of
India (EDII), Ahmedabad.
• Documentation of Urban Earthquake Vulnerability Reduction Project implemented in Agra
under a GoI-UNDP initiative.
• Diagnostic Study of Textile Waste Processing Cluster, Amroha, JP Nagar, funded by DCMSME,
Govt. of India.
• Study for Assessment and Business Planning of Cooperative Societies in different sectors
under Integrated Cooperative Development Project, sponsored by NCDC, New Delhi.
• Prospects of Entrepreneurship Development Programmes in the 21st Century (co-authored),
published in Entrepreneurship in the New Millennium: Challenges & Prospects, by NISIET,
• SWOT Analysis of Women Self Help Groups under Child Environment Project, sponsored by
• Profitable Projects under Prime Minister Rojgar Yojna, published by IEDUP, Lucknow.
• Entrepreneurship Development Programmes – An Evaluative Study, (co-authored), published
by IEDUP, Lucknow.
• A number of articles on Small Business published in local daily THE PIONEER.
• Family characteristics & young women’s career choices, Asian Journal of Psychology &
Education, 1987, vol.20, Dec.
• A study of personality characteristics & motives of young women persuing traditional & non-
traditional career courses, Psychological studies, 1987, 32,2.
Masters degree in Psychology from Lucknow University, 1986
• P.G. Diploma in Computer Programming from BRC Institute of Computer Sciences, Chandigarh, 1987.
• Diploma in Human Resource Management, IGNOU, New Delhi, 1997
• Diploma in Management, IGNOU, New Delhi, 1998.
Date of Birth : November 6, 1965
Nationality : Indian
Language Proficiency : Hindi and English