1. HTML Semantics For Web
• What is HTML Semantics?
• Why is it important?
• How it affects Wordpress?
• Plus Points
2. What is Semantics?
• Semantics is the study of meaning
• Every Language has its own semantics
• Semantic is not what you say, but what you
• It’s all about Communication.
3. What is HTML Semantics?
• To write code that is readable to computer.
• Labeling content by what it is, rather than
what it looks like.
• Proper use of tags.
Web is a system of interlinked documents accessed via the internet. It’s the
largest source of information known.
eg. <h1>,<h2>... for Headers(Titles), <p> for Paragraph, <date> for
Dates/Time, <ul> for unordered list, <ol> for Ordered list, <dl> for Data-list
4. Semantic HTML.
5. Why is it Important?
• Your proper display of website is not enough.
• Your website should also be readable to
machine, which renders your code to website.
6. How it affects WordPress?
• WordPress follows web standards.(if your
website is not well documented or not well
formatted it will not appear to your desired
• Wordpress editor will display the proper HTML
only. (if you’ve written code which wasn’t
valid according to web standard, it will be
7. How it affects WordPress?
8. How it affects WordPress?
9. Plus Points
• Lighter Code.
• Search Engine Optimization.
• Developer to Developer Communication.
10. Other Areas of Semantics
• Implementing Schema
• Use rel=”” attributes.