2. At the end of the lesson, student shouldbe able to: State the types of network communication technology: i) Intranet ii) Extranet iii) Internet Define the types of network communication technology: i) Intranet ii) Extranet iii) Internet
3. The Types of Network Communication Technology
4. IntranetCommunication Explanation Technology an intranet is a private network within an organization thatIntranet resembles the internet. organizations use intranets to provide information to their employees. typical applications include electronic telephone directories, email addresses, employee information, internal job openings and much more.
5. ExtranetCommunication Explanation Technology is a private network that connects more than one organizationsExtranet many organizations use the internet technologies to allow suppliers, customers and business partner limited access to their network the purpose is to increase efficiency and reduce costs
6. InternetCommunication Explanation Technology is a public networkInternet it is worldwide collection of networks that links million of business, government agencies, educational institution and individuals. internet users can access service like web browsing, email, file transfer, mailing list, chat rooms, instant messaging and newsgroups.
7. The differences between Intranet, Extranet and Internet Differences Intranet Extranet Internet Used for Private Private PublicTypes of users Provide information Provide information Provide information for organization to suppliers, for public employees customers and business partner Usages Telephone Access data, check Access all kinds of directories, internal status, place orders, information job opening, send email employee information Security High Use virtual private Loose network (VPN) technology to communication over the internet more secure