Factory’s Act 1948 Prepared by: Makwana Purva E. En.no.-107360592012
- Sec. 2(cb) --- Hazardous Process
- Provision regarding safety
- (sec.21) Fencing of machinery
- (sec.22)work nearer machinery in motion
- (sec.23)employement of young person on dangerous machine
- (sec.24) striking gears and devise for cutting off power
- (sec.25)self-acting machinery
- (sec.26)cashing of machinery
- (sec.27)prohibition of work nearer cotton opener
- (sec. 29) Lifting Machinery ,Cranes Etc
- (sec.30) Revolving machinery
- (sec.32) Floors, stairs and means of access
- (sec.33) pits, sumps and opening
- (sec.34) Excessive weight
- (sec.35) Protection Of Eyes
- (sec.36A) Precautions Against Dangerous fumes
- (sec.36B) Precautions regarding portable light
- (sec.37) precautions against
- inflammable gas, dust or explosive
- (sec.38) Precautions in case of fire
- (sec.39) specifications of defective part
- (sec.40) Safety of building and machinery
- (sec.40 A) maintenance of building
- (Sec.40 B) safety officers.
- Provision regarding welfare
- (sec. 42) Washing facilities
- (sec. 43) Facilities for drying
- (sec. 44) sitting facilities
- (sec. 45) First aid appliances
- (sec. 47) Rest room, shelters, lunch room
- (sec. 49) Welfare officers
- (sec. 50) power to make rules
- (Section 2 (cb)) List of Industries involving Hazardous Processes and provision regarding Hazardous process as per act 1987.
List of Industries involving Hazardous Processes
- Drugs and pharmaceutical industries
- Fermentation Industries (Distilleries and Breweries)
- Rubber (Synthetic) industries
- Paints and pigment industries
- Leather tanning industries
- Coal (including coke) industries
- Power generating industries, and many……………
(Sec.41a) Constitution of Site Appraisal Committees
- State govt. appoint SAC for the
- purpose of advising it to consider grant for HP.
- Which consist of chief Inspector, Central Board for various atmospheric pollution
- Application is examined by SAC.
- SAC have power to call for any information
- Once the State Govt.has granted then no need to go for further approval regarding HP.
(Sec.41b) Compulsory disclosure of information by the occupier
- Disclosing all info. Relating to dangers,
- health hazards and measures to overcome them.
- Also include accurate info. For the quantity n waste, disposal etc.
- Every occupier shall draw up an on site emergency plan & detailed atmospheric measures for his factory and make known to all other included in factory.
- Then occupier inform chief inspector of the nature & detail of process.
- On contravention of above provision the licensed should be cancelled and occupier may be liable to penalty.
(Sec.41c) Specific responsibility of the occupier in relation to hazardous processes
- Maintain accurate n up-to-date
- health record of the workers
- Appoint person who posses qualification & experience to handling it.
- Provide medical examination of every worker, 1) before joining the job
- 2) while continuing job, not >12 month
(Sec.41d) Power of Central Governments to appoint Inquiry Committee
- Appoint an inquiry committee
- It consist of a chairman and 2 other members
- Recommendation of the committee shall be advisory in nature.
(Sec.41e) Emergency standards
- inadequate, it may direct the DG of Factory Advise Service and LI in matter relating to suitable standard.
- It laid down until they are incorporated in rules made under this act.
(Sec.41f) Permissible limits of exposure of chemical and toxic substances
(Sec.41g) Worker's participation in safety management
- Equal number of representative
- of workers and management to promote co-operation b/w worker and Mgmt. in maintaining proper safety and health at work.
(Sec.41h) Right of workers to warn about imminent danger
- They can direct notice to the
- occupier or any other representative of safety committee.
- If occupier satisfied then send a report forthwith of the action taken to the nearest inspector.
- If not then nevertheless refer the matter forthwith to the nearest inspector.