Aila Makooli Immigration Lawyer Canada Available Classes


Published on


Information on Canadian Citizenship and Immigration to Canada from Canada Immigration Lawyer Aila Makooli from Makooli Prekupec LLP

Business/Entrepreneur Class
Family Sponsorship
Canada Experience Class
Skilled Worker
Foreign Temporary Worker
Work Permits
Study Permit
Temporary Resident Visa
Permanent Resident Cards

Published in: Education, Business
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Total views
On SlideShare
From Embeds
Number of Embeds
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Aila Makooli Immigration Lawyer Canada Available Classes

  1. 1. Professional & ReliableIMMIGRATION REPRESENTATION Aila Makooli, with Makooli Prekupec LLP
  2. 2. IMMIGRATION LAW Business/Entrepreneur Class Family Sponsorship Canada Experience Class Skilled Worker Foreign Temporary Worker Work Permits Study Permit Temporary Resident Visa Permanent Resident Cards Citizenship
  3. 3. Business/Entrepreneur Class The Entrepreneur Program and Self-Employed Program seek to attract experienced business people who will own and actively manage businesses in Canada that contribute to the economy and create jobs. We can help you determine whether your proposed business would meet the requirements for processing under either category.
  4. 4. Family SponsorshipOne of the key objectives for Citizenship andImmigration Canada is to reunite members of afamily. Canadian citizens and permanent residentshave the opportunity to sponsor their family membersif they meet the eligibility requirements. For an eligibleperson to sponsor their family they must be amember of the family class as defined in TheImmigration and Refugee Protection Act.We will work with you to determine whether or not youand your family meet the necessary requirementsunder the Family Class for sponsorship.
  5. 5. Canada Experience ClassIf you are a temporary foreign worker or a foreignstudent who graduated from a Canadianuniversity or college, you often have the qualitiesto make a successful transition from temporary topermanent residence.Under the Canadian Experience Class, foreignworkers and students who completed their studiesin Canada may qualify for permanent residentstatus. We can work with you early on to ensurethat you know the requirements to qualify underthis category and that your application is completewhen submitted, minimizing any delays inprocessing.
  6. 6. Skilled WorkerYou may qualify for permanent resident status as askilled worker if you possess the requisite skilledwork experience and have sufficient points underthe Federal Skilled Worker category. Applicantsare awarded points under this category based onfactors such as:• Education;• Work experience;• Language proficiency in English and/or French; &• Ability to become economically established in Canada.We will work with you to explore all options anddetermine whether applying for permanent residentstatus as a Federal Skilled Worker is right for you.
  7. 7. Foreign Temporary WorkerIn today’s global economy, both national and international companies need to be able torelocate employees wherever their skills are in demand. Whether you are a Canadianbusiness wanting to obtain the skilled services of foreign nationals, or a US-based orother multinational seeking to place employees in your Canadian operation, we canhelp you navigate the requirements of Canadian immigration.Some temporary workers require a work permit and some do not. Processing timesoften depend on the type of work you will do when you come to Canada, as well aswhen and where your application is submitted.Employers may require approval from Human Resources and Skills DevelopmentCanada prior to a foreign worker applying for a work permit. We will work with both theemployer and foreign worker to ensure that all the necessary steps are taken to ensurethe foreign worker’s work permit application is complete and meets the mandatoryprocessing requirements. We will also help the foreign workers dependents obtain workand study permits.
  8. 8. Work PermitsWe are experienced in handling all types of WorkPermit applications. Whether you are currently inCanada on a student visa and want to work whilestudying or have arranged employment, we canhelp.
  9. 9. Study PermitIf you want to study in Canada, depending on thelength of your program, you will likely require aStudy Permit to do so. You are required not onlyto provide a letter of acceptance from a CanadianInstitution, but also demonstrate your ability tofinancially support yourself during your studies.You may also be required to obtain a temporaryresident visa in addition to your Study Permit andundergo a medical examination prior to entry. Ifyou have been accepted to complete studies at aCanadian academic institution, contact us todiscuss applying for your Study Permit.
  10. 10. Temporary Resident VisaUnless you are from a country that is exempt, youlikely require a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) toenable you to visit Canada. If you are from acountry that requires a TRV, we can assist you inapplying for either a single entry or a multipleentry TRV, depending on your needs.
  11. 11. Permanent Resident CardsWhether you are a permanent resident who hasnever obtained a Permanent Resident card (PRCard) or your PR Card has or is about to expire,we can assist you in applying for a new card. Ifyou have imminent travel plans and immediatelyrequire your PR Card, we can assist you inapplying for your card on an expedited basis.
  12. 12. CitizenshipTo become a Canadian citizen, you must satisfythe following requirements:• Age;• Permanent resident status;• Time lived in Canada;• No criminal history; and• Knowledge of Canada.We will help you determine whether you satisfythe requirements for applying for Canadiancitizenship and assist you with the applicationprocess.
  13. 13. Aila Makooli, Barrister & Solicitor“Taking You From Where You Are, To Where You Want To Be” NO-OBLIGATION COMPLIMENTARY ASSESSMENT 416-848-9815
  14. 14. Aila Makooli, Barrister & SolicitorMAKOOLI PREKUPEC LLPToronto Office:25 Sheppard Avenue West ,Suite 300Toronto, Ontario M2N 6S6Etobicoke Office:100 Westmore Drive, Unit 12DEtobicoke, Ontario M9V 5C2 416-848-9815