On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
• Introduction to Tarakilishi
• What is it all about?
• How exactly?
• Why now? and What we have so far?
• Our request and Who should be
• Join Us
• Tarakilishi is a PLATFORM for doing
• Sharing is the core idea.
• Spreading of knowledge among each other.
• Discussing ideas among each other.
• Learning together.
• All for in an Open and Free atmosphere.
What its all about
• Improving knowledge of Science and Technology in
East Africa by sharing the knowledge.
• Special emphasis of Mathematical and
Computational Sciences - To catch up with IT
• Idea: Learned population talks, explains and answer
questions on ideas to the learning population over
an informal interface (Web Forum, Online
Courses, Blogs, Seminars, Workshops)
How Exactly starting
• The Region’s knowledge base(intellectuals)
from Universities get to educate High schoolers.
Higher level intellectuals educate college students
all on one platform informally.
• Utilize the recent developments in Internet
connectivity to improve lives of youth by
informative and engaging tech discussions.
• Contests between schools and colleges of tech
ideas to improve region’s competitiveness.
• Focus on high schools to guide talent into tech
related careers needed for development in the 21st
• Technology has changed the nature of development
in the present World. We need to to adjust
• Our regions current global competitiveness in
computing related technologies is needs great
• The future has been kidnapped by technology yet
less and less students enroll for tech careers. We
need to act now.
• Our region is approaching industrialization turn
point. We cannot make it through without
What we have so far
• A Web Forum [www.forum.tarakilishi.info] open to
all to discuss and and share knowledge
• A Virtual Learning Environment(VLE)
[www.masomo.tarakilishi.info] for creating
educational material and organizing contests and
• A Website [www.tarakilishi.info] with blogging
capabilities to share info and whats happening.
• (Coming up) Workshop and Seminar systems
Who should be Involved?
• Students(All levels esp. high school and
• Teachers(All levels)
• Graduates and other experts
• Governments, Societies
• Media, Parents - spread the message
• To Students and other learners, get
registered on the systems and engage in
knowledge sharing, ask questions...
• To Teachers, experts help up create
content, answer questions
• To Media, Parents, Societies... spread the
word, support out work. Do it for our
region’s development and future.
• Email Us on [email@example.com] or
just leave a comment on the Tarakilishi
• Or talk to one of us: Billy, Dipesh,
Hozefa [okal, dmistry, hindorewala,