2. OverviewWhat is Tumblr? What makes Why use Tumblr? Tumblr’s User Tumblr so unique? Interface Let’s start Is Tumblr right for Who uses Tumblr? Tumbling! you?
3. WHAT IS • Tumblr is a free and lightweight blogging ?TUMBLR? So what exactly is platform. a blog
4. Blog:WHAT IS A An online journal where users can BLOG? present a record of activities, thoughts, or beliefs.
5. • A social networking site in a formWHAT IS of a blog.TUMBLR? • Users can post any type of multimedia contents.
6. • Provides a “follow” option.WHAT ISTUMBLR? • Similar to twitter’s follow button. • Users can follow blogs they like.
7. WHO • David Karp founder & CEO of Tumblr.CREATED • Top 35 innovators under the age of 35.TUMBLR? • Has an estimated 40 million dollar net worth.
8. Limited word count VS UnlimitedWHAT MAKES • Users can post unlimited texts. TUMBLR SO • Does not have a limited word count UNIQUE? as Twitter.
9. Re-blog • Easily receive new updates & posts fromWHAT MAKES followed bloggers. TUMBLR SO UNIQUE? • Easily re-post a blog that has already been posted by someone else (Re-blog feature).
10. • Easy to update & easy to use interface.WHY USE • Social Network IntegrationTUMBLR? Other social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube can be combined and used together with Tumblr)
11. • Built in privacyWHY USE • allows you to restrict specific posts, or your whole blog to certain peopleTUMBLR? • Provide contents visually to users, unlike Twitter.
12. WHY USE • It is free, and you don’tTUMBLR? need to pay for hosting, or storage!
13. TUMBLR’S USERINTERFACE
14. Beyonce Lady Gaga John Mayer Katy PerryWHO USES TUMBLR?
15. • Publish short posts instead of longIS TUMBLR posts.RIGHT FOR YOU? • Post multimedia posts quickly through phone, I-pad, or other digital devices.
16. ART • Suits people who have a passion for art.IS TUMBLR • People who prefer visual images over texts toRIGHT FOR express ideas. YOU? • Suitable for users who prefer an easy to use and simple blog.
17. • Follow the STEP-BY-STEP VIDEO aboveLet’s start to create an account.Tumbling! • Create an account here: www.tumblr.com
18. ReferencesBlog. (2012). In Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved fromhttp://britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/869092/ blogCorner, M. (2010). Tumblr: An Introduction Guide For Microblogging - 1stwebdesigner – Graphic and Web Design Blog.1stwebdesigner. Retrieved April 15, 2012, from http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/design/tumblr- introduction-guide-microblogging/Glenn Peoples. (2011). 9 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT TUMBLR. Billboard, 123(39), 11.Gunelius, S. (n.d.). What Is Tumblr?. About.com. Retrieved May 5, 2012, from http://weblogs.about.com/od/choosingabloghost/p/ What-Is-Tumblr.htm
19. ReferencesPlanet Nut Shell. (2011). What is Tumblr?. Retrieved April 15, 2012, from http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=5C47FUM6lgkRick Gilman. (2010). Tumblr: The right combination? American Agent & Broker, 82(12), 20.Shearer, J. (2011). What is Tumblr. Kikolani. Retrieved April 15, 2012, from http://kikolani.com/what-is- tumblr.htmlWhat is Tumblr?. (n.d.). Squidoo. Retrieved April 15, 2012, from www.squidoo.com/Tumblr-1