1. Presented By: Grade-2Roots School System P a l m Tr e e C a m p u s
2. Dinosaur means "terrible lizard“.Millions of years ago, long before there were any people, therewere dinosaurs.Dinosaurs were one of several kinds of prehistoric reptiles thatlived during the "Age of Reptiles."
3. The oldest dinosaur types are known fromrocks in Argentina and Brazil and are about 230million years old.
4. There were lots of different kinds of dinosaurs that lived atdifferent times.• Some walked on two legs, some walked on four. Some could do both.• Some were speedy , and some were slow and lumbering.• Some were armor-plated, some had horns, crests, spikes, or frills.• Some had thick, bumpy skin, and some even had primitive feathers.
5. There are many of ideas to explain a probable cause or causes.Many factors such as given below may have contributed to thisdisappearance.• release of volcanic gases• climatic cooling• sea-level change• low reproduction rates
6. Some dinosaurs ate lizards, turtles, eggs, or early mammals. Some huntedother dinosaurs or dead animals. Most, however, ate plants but not grass.