3. TRADE EXHIBITION.
• Are generally designed to meet
the needs of one particular type
of business or product or
• only people involved in the field
are invited to attend.
• To inculcate in the minds of the
students the educational needs
to have an enquiry approach
rather than a mere store house
• To achieve specialized
knowledge among students and
aim to consider learning as an
adventure through exhibition.
• To develop student's abilities in
imagination and train them to
focus on facts and figures in a
manner that will attract the
attention of viewers.
• To reveal the ideas clearly and
• To stimulate team spirit among
• To promote understanding.
• To summarize the activities that
have been completed and
emphasizing their meaning.
• To influence people to adopt
better practices by arousing
interest, stimulating thought
and getting action.
• To acquaint the public with
better standards by teaching
• To promote participation in or
to raise money for some public
cause or activity.
• To give recognition to people
or institutions by enabling them
to display their products.
• To create market for certain
• Assess the purpose of
• Assess the level of knowledge
of the persons for whom
exhibition is displayed.
• Plan the exhibition according to
the curricular requirement.
STEP -2 PLANNING
• A successful exhibit starts with
a plan, based on the purpose for
which the exhibit is to be used.
• The plan should be visualized
and this is called a "lay out".
This is a rough outline with
• The layout provides a way of
evaluating the finished project as
to clarity of the message,
• Although exhibits do not have
to be works of arts, but they
should be pleasing, attractive,
colourful and capable of
communicationg the intended
• A variety of specialized devices
may be employed for the
arrangements of exhibits which
can be used for the classroom
teaching as well as for
• Decide upon the type of
exhibits, considering the needs
of audience and specific
• Consult local leaders and get
their co operation.
• Distribute relevant literature.
• The workshop must have the
power to attract.
STEP - 3 REQUSITES
• The exhibition should have a
central theme with a few sub
theme to focus attention to a
• It should be clearly labled.
• The exhibits should be placed
that most visitors can see
• Since exhibition is meant to be
mainly seen, the place and the
exhibits should be well lighted.
(sound system could also be
• The exhibition must have some
exhibits with operative
mechanisms such as switches or
levers to be operated by the
visitors to observe some
• The exhibition must include a
lot of demonstration as this will
involve both students & the