• Demonstration is method of
presentation of skill in way which
shows how a particular procedure
• Demonstration increases interest
of students and persuades them to
adopt recommended practices.
• The demonstration method is
based on the principle of "
Learning by Doing".
• The clinical teaching of
procedures in a hospital is
based on demonstration
• 1. To acquire knowledge and skill.
• 2. To develop attitude.
• 3. To retain and able to use the
• Demonstration involves three
steps as follows:
• 1. PLANNING.
• 2. PERFORMING.
• 3. EVALUATION.
• The instructor preparers herself
• 1. Articles and steps of
• 2. Conducive learning
• 3. Plan objectives based on the need of
• 4. Review of the related knowledge and
skill of demonstration.
• 5. Steps of demonstration on rational
• 6. Rehearsals to attain proficiency in
• 7. Learning environment such as
facility to observe
demonstration and do return
• 8. Student participation in
demonstration of procedure.
• 9. Assembling and good working
condition on articles.
• 10. Free opportunity for students
to practice skills.
• 11. Checlist related to steps of
demonstration,so that it can
be checked that procedure
is performed in a proper
• The teacher should proceed
from whole to parts by briefly
explaining the procedure, then
to individual steps.
• Explain about each article :
name, purpose and how to use
in the procedure.
• Make sure that each step is
performed in understandable
way & also explain the
scientific principles associated
with each step.
• Ask questions in between
demonstration procedure and
encourage learners to seek
• On completing the procedure, talk
about summary and then replace
the articles, demonstrate after care
and wash hands.
• The teacher should evaluate as to
know if the students have learned
the skills appropriately.
• This is done by taking return
demonstration and comparing the
steps of procedures with the
planned set criteria of procedure.
• Utilize several senses; students
can see, hear, and possibly
experience an actual event.
• Stimulates interest among
students to learn.