2. “Civilization is an open-source project”
Ariel Katz http://arielkatz.org
3. “Interview sub-atomic particles? Can't be
done. You can ask an electron a question or
hear the answer, but never both.”
5. The eCDF ePortfolio Project was a 12
month collaborative venture funded by
the Tertiary Education Commission’s
e-learning Collaborative Development
Fund (eCDF), involving Massey University
as lead provider and Auckland University
of Technology, The Open Polytechnic of
New Zealand and Victoria University of
Wellington as consortium members
6. MaharaUK 2010
Picture credit Frank Steiner, ULCC Events
7. User Manual
8. It's stupid, students
It's stupid students
It's the students, stupid
12. Mahara Newsletter
13. University of Canberra
14. So the barman sez, "We don't serve particles that travel
faster than the speed of light"...
Neutrino walks into the bar.
15. Coming up
Icon, CSS, styles clean up
Flexible page layout – rows/columns
Upload/merge LEAP2A files
16. Universal Search
17. Vertical Layouts – Mike Kelly
18. Mozilla Open Badges is not proprietary.
It’s free software and an open technical
standard any organization can use to
create, issue and verify digital badges.
19. Core Team
Aaron “Reno” Wells
+ Catalyst e-learning team
20. Community Credits
21. Making it easy to contribute
22. Thirst for knowledge is global
We take it for granted
23. Two atoms are walking along and one says to the
other "I just lost an electron!".
"Are you sure?".
24. “'Free software' is a matter of liberty, not
price. To understand the concept, you
should think of 'free' as in 'free speech,'
not as in 'free beer'.”
Richard M. Stallman
25. It's <b>still</b> the students, stupid
26. An atom walked into a bar and said "how
much for a beer?".
Barman says "for you, no charge!"