1. log Maggie Verster 2.0 www.school2.co.za Library 2.0 How can we use blogs here ?
2. Libraries Tell me about your library? Is it just about the books??? Or the computers?
3. Librarians What do you do (all day) in your library? Please go comment here (click)
4. Librarian 1.0 Adapted from Courosa.
5. Librarian 2.0 Adapted from Courosa.
6. Blog? Claiming your space in the flat world Like a website, but for non-techies Easy to create, update…. Very interactive, can embed cool stuff Reader Participant Author Collaborator Creator
7. Problogger (a blogger) has blogged about what a blog is in his blogpost… “What is a blog” in reference to other bloggers defining blogging….. ‘ A weblog is kind of a continual tour, with a human guide who you get to know. There are many guides to choose from, each develops an audience, and there’s also comraderie and politics between the people who run weblogs, they point to each other, in all kinds of structures, graphs, loops, etc.’ Source Wikipedia : A blog (short for web log ) is a user-generated website where entries are made in journal style and displayed in a reverse chronological order. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. Blogs also provide readers with the option to leave comments , which makes it possible to start a discussion around a blog post
8. So… , Take all the fun Knowledge, Information Collaborations Creativity Books Stories
9. Create an online library space! Create a Blog! Where? Follow the Blogging learning pathway: http://maggiev.edublogs.org/blogging-learning-pathway/ How?
10. <ul><li>Book reviews </li></ul><ul><li>Reading lists </li></ul><ul><li>Have book feed widgets for your audience ( Librarythings /shelfari) </li></ul><ul><li>Library events and news </li></ul><ul><li>Photo / video galleries/widgets </li></ul><ul><li>Podcasts about books/media </li></ul><ul><li>Voicethreads /forum discussions about books/media </li></ul><ul><li>Resource bookmarks </li></ul><ul><li>Library, copyright and fair use rules and policies </li></ul><ul><li>Blacklist of library offenders??? </li></ul><ul><li>Games </li></ul><ul><li>……… .??????? </li></ul>What could I use a blog for??
11. Social Bookmarking Sharing How? Follow the Bookmarking learning pathway http://maggiev.edublogs.org/learn-how-to/use-social-bookmarking-to-keep-track-of-resources/ Where?