1. How have humansHow have humans
modified (changed) themodified (changed) the
hydrological cycle?hydrological cycle?
2. Definitions of termsDefinitions of terms
• Store:Store: where water is kept in one placewhere water is kept in one place
for a period of timefor a period of time
• Flow:Flow: movement of water from one placemovement of water from one place
to anotherto another
• Water table:Water table: The level of theThe level of the
groundwater, or the level below which thegroundwater, or the level below which the
rocks are saturated with water.rocks are saturated with water.
• Closed system:Closed system: a system in whicha system in which
inputs loop around continuously (e.g.inputs loop around continuously (e.g.
water cycle)water cycle)
3. What is a systemsWhat is a systems
4. What is a systemsWhat is a systems