4. Problem Analysis 4 We have 4 types of QS alarms represent Problem Elements.1. MS: this is minimum service alarm and normally is due to payphone faults that is technician responsibility.2. OOI: this is out of order incidence alarm and normally is due to payphone faults, that is technician responsibility also.3. OOS: this is out of order supervisor alarm and normally is due to the exchange or the PMS faults, that is S/W or system responsibility.4. NK: this is not connected alarm and normally is due to communication link between the payphone and the PMS is cut, that is line, cable, production, technician, Telecom Egypt network, or PMS responsibility.
5. Problem Analysis 5 Using cause/effect fishbone analysis, the findings were : o 50 % due to PEOPLE. o 30 % due to PREVINTIVE MAINTINANCE. o 20 % due to P.M.S PERFORMANCE OOS (10%) NK (67%) PMS Exchanges 10% 5% People S/W PMS 27% Preventive Maintenance 5% 30% Installation QS Tools Skills People PeopleSpareParts Controlling MS (3%) OOI (20%)
6. Problem Analysis 6By using gap analysis to see the strength of available resources to execute the an effective solution. Items Menatel model Cairo Alex. Canal Delta MUE SUE Average Q.S 98 % 97.80 % 98.32 % 98.34 % 96.56 % 98.37 % 98.75 % Technicians 120 47 18 15 19 10 8 Vehicles 60 21 10 10 8 5 7 Exchange 480 93 62 63 88 54 35 Lines IO 30,000 12000 4739 4054 4150 2555 2150 Supervisors 10 4 3 2 1 2 3 Average calls 45 42 31 38 37 47 40 Tech./line 250 255.3 263.2 270.2 218.4 255.5 307.1 Tech./exch. 4 1.97 3.44 4.2 4.63 5.4 4.3 Veh./tech. 2 2.2 1.8 1.5 2.3 2 1.1 Veh./exch. 8 4.4 6.2 6.3 11 10.8 5 Sup./tech. 12 11.75 6 7.5 19 5 2.6 Tech. / Line Delta Sup. / Tech. MENATEL Model Tech. / Ex. Veh. / Ex. Veh. / Tech.
7. Conclusion 7 Delta Business Unit is 1.43 % below the targeted Q.S (1,000,000 LE annual loss). Cause : o 50 % due to PEOPLE. o 30 % due to PREVINTIVE MAINTINANCE. o 20 % due to P.M.S PERFORMANCE Effects: o 67 % is (NK) incidences. o 20 % is (OOI) incidences. o 10 % is (OOS) incidences. o 3 % is (MS) incidences.
8. Action Plan 8 People replace the current maintenance supervisor with one that is more skilled in terms of time management and planning. provide the necessary training to all the involved persons to in reach there skills. Program Name Duration Target Audience Objective CostBasic Communication Understand the important of 2 Days All Levels 225 LE/day/person communications in the organization. Teamwork Getting around obstacles that prevent 1 Day All Levels 225 LE/day/person team success and build an effective team. Problem Solving Improving analysis skills for identifying 2 Days All Levels problems and recommending creative 225 LE/day/person solutions that help the organization.Customer Orientation 3 Days All Levels Understand customer satisfaction. 225 LE/day/person Negotiation Skills Understand the important of effective 2 Days Commercial persons 225 LE/day/person negotiation to the organization Supervisory Skills Understand the role of supervisor, 4 Days Supervisors understand people, how to manage 225 LE/day/person people. Service Quality Understand quality and quality process; 2 Days Technicians understand the important of customer 225 LE/day/person satisfaction.
9. Action Plan 9 Preventive Maintenance schedule technician’s time to cover different routes in Delta every 48 hours, and assigned a car per governorate. Assign one of the technicians for workshop to be responsible for testing new and repaired spar parts, repairing faulty spar parts. Design a process for quality operation Civil, Booth, P ayphone & Payphone Cleaning & Line PMS Line Maintenance & Booth Cabling Installing Spare Parts Maintenance Request Installing ReceivedQuality Chick Quality Chick Quality Chick Quality Chick Quality Chick Quality Chick Quality Chick Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Reporting System Reporting System Reporting System Reporting System Deviation Control Reporting System
10. Action Plan 10 PMS, performance. The modem line should be 100 % isolated and effectively connected between the PMS and the modem to insure no miss communication. All the illogical faulty payphones data are to be collected and reported directly to HQ to be analyzed and solved if possible.
11. Results 11 Continues improvements of the process month by month, Delta QS average 2004 is 99.2%, above the targeted QS by 1.2%. Delta QS Delta QS Linear (Delta QS) 99.8 99.8 99.5 99.6 99.6 99.4 99.1 99.2 99 98.7 98.2 98.3jan feb mar apr may jun jul aug sep oct nov dec
12. Process Monitoring & insuring continues improvements 12 Weekly KPIs reporting system, measures the QS related to each exchange and PMS according to alarms category (NK, OOI, OOS, and MS), and categorize the network to three categories: 1. More than 98 % 2. Less than 97 % 3. In between. Allows the branch to evaluate & measure weekly the QS operation output. provide a guided figure as for the next week target for improving. matching the branch philosophy to improve step by step, bushing category B to A, and C to B, we are on the track to maintain Branch objective.