Training and Development of the
employees is a critical success factor
for the Airline Industry in Sri Lanka
Present Airline Industry in
• According to the reports in 2011, there is a
successive growth of aviation in Sri Lanka.
• The total number of passenger aircraft
movements handled by the BIA increased to
43,454 indicating a growth of 27 per cent.
• SLA continued its fleet modernization
programme during 2011 and acquired 3 brand
new A320 aircrafts and commenced its
business class refurbishment programme.
• Construction of Maththala International
Airport in Hambanthota was a beginning for
another chapter in Aviation development in Sri
Employee training in aviation
• The main purpose of training employee is to
give his fullest contribution to the industry.
• Here we let our employees to :-
- Participate in leadership programs.
which help them to uncover their
hidden abilities and face the world in the best
form of their own selves.
- Give them opportunity to understand the latest
developments of the industry.
- Get a knowledge about New technology
-Encourage independent learning as
How employee training affects the
airline industry development
• The employee training programs in Airline
industry had played a major role in the
increment of the growth rate of past few years.
• It helped to :-
- Increase the competitiveness.
The employees have to perform well to
compete with the other organizations.
And also they have to observe new
marketing trends , and measure the trends
against the skills and knowledge in the
- Improve the stability
Can draw the attention of the
customers and fulfill their needs and stabilise
them by maintaining a good cooperation among
• To build up a better staff in the team and
provide the suppliers with what they want
and develop the Airlines in Sri Lanka to the
top level industry in the world.