1. 4. Modernismo and l’Eixample: Main architectsand artists
2. Josep Puig i Cadafach Lluís Domènech iAntoni Gaudí Muntaner
3. Apple of discord / La Manzana de la discordia
4. 4.1. Antoni Gaudí i Cornet Reus 1852-Barcelona 1926 He studied architecture in Barcelona from 1873 to 1875. At the same time, he starts working for Josep Fontserè i Mestre and participates in the monumental waterfall in the Parque de la Ciutadella. He also collaborated with his master Joan Martorell several times. That was very important because Martorell recommended Gaudí for the construction of La Sagrada Familia.
5. 4.1.1. 1878-1883 Education and first works Project for a cemetery gate (1875)
6. Project for an auditorium at the university, by Antoni Gaudí (1877)
7. Project of monumental fountain for Plaza Cataluña de Barcelona, by Antoni Gaudí (1877)
8. Streetlight at Plaza Real de Barcelona,1878
9. Streetlight of Plà de Palau. Barcelona,1878
10. First piece of furniture designed by Gaudí : his own desk. 1878
11. Gaudí projected a glass cabinet on a colored parquet dais which could be seen from all angles, making possible a more complete vision of the material displayed, which was protected by a sort of glass. It was a big success at the World Exhibition in 1878. It is said that Eusebi Güell and Gaudí’s friendship came up from the impact that this cabinet caused to Güell during his visit to the Exhibition, as a consequence of which, he entrusted Gaudí with the furniture of the mausoleum of the Palacio de Sobrellano.Glass cabinet of Guanteria Eduard Comella at theWorld Exhibition in Paris (1878)
12. 4.1.2. 1883-1900 Eclecticism and searching Constructions with contrast between brick,Materials ceramics, stone and filling. The picada stone is also used, but only at the end of this period. Decoration with stucco and plaster. Craftwork and valuation of Catalan materials. Roofs completed with domes of Mudejar or Influences Arab style. Since 1883 Gaudí studies the Gothic style in deep because he is entrusted with the construction of La Sagrada Familia.
14. La Alhambra, Granada. Patio de los Leones.
15. Torre de la Casa Vicens
16. Minarets de la mosque from AswanTorre de la iglesia de Utebo (Zaragoza)
17. Casa Vicens /Chinese and Japanesearchitecture
18. Fire place inthe livingroom of CasaVicens.
19. Detail of arch and dome, Alhambra, GranadaSmoking room, Casa Vicens
20. Eusebi Güell The estate of Mr Güell: Güell Pavillion 1884-1887
21. Palau Güell 1886-1888 Facade
23. Vision of the dome of the Santa Sofia church ( 532-557 d.C) in Estambul
24. Flat roof
25. The convent of the Teresianas1887-1888Facade Ground floor
26. Bernini. Saint Peters baldachin 1623-1634
27. Second floor Second floor from The convent of Teresianas
28. Model of the domes of the Güell Crypt
29. Parabolic arch
30. Attic of Casa BatllóCatenaryArch
31. “Funicular” ArchEntrance of the Crypt of the Colonia Güell