1. ENLIB - New Books (Dec 2012) 2012)No. Details 1 Title : Practical plant failure analysis : a guide to understanding machinery deterioration and improving improving equipment reliability Authors : Neville W. Sachs. Component failures result from a combination of factors involving materials science, mechanics, thermodynamics, corrosion, and tribology. With the right guidance, you don t have to be an authority in all of these areas to become skilled at diagnosing and preventing failures. Based on the author s more than thirty years of experience, Practical Plant Failure Analysis: A Guide to Understanding Machinery Deterioration and Improving Equipment Reliability is a down-to-earth guide to improving machinery maintenance and reliability. Year : 2007 Call No. : TJ153 S121 20072 Title : The certified quality engineer handbook Author : Connie M. Borror, editor. If you want to find any book including this one or if you want to read reviews on different books or to see the actual prices on books you may visit http://azbookfinder.com website. If you didnt find a book you need there you may contact the owner of the website with a question or try to find it here on Google. This post is not an ad because azBookFinder.com is a helpful search engine and I want to share the way of fast search of books. For book authors here - if you dont want to see this message on this page simply use Contact Us form on azbookfinder.com and this message will be deleted. But I hope that you will consider this post useful. Thank you very much in advance. Year : 2009 3rd ed. Call No. : TS156 C418 2009
2. 3 Title: Traffic and highway engineering Author : Nicholas J. Garber, Lester A. Hoel, Raju Sarkar. The new edition of Garber and Hoels best-selling text focuses on giving students insight into all facets of traffic and highway engineering. Students generally come to this course with little knowledge or understanding of the importance of transportation, much less of the extensive career opportunities within the field. Transportation is an extremely broad field, and courses must either cover all transportation modes or focus on specifics. While many topics can be covered with a survey approach, this often lacks sufficient depth and students leave the course without a full understanding of any of the fields. This text focuses exclusively on traffic and highway engineering beginning with a discussion of the pivotal role transportation plays in our society, including employment opportunities, historical impact, and the impact of transportation on our daily lives. This approach gives students a sense of what the field is about as well as an opportunity to consider some of its challenges. Later chapters focus on specific issues facing transportation engineers. The text uses pedagogical tools such as worked problems, diagrams and tables, reference material, and realistic examples to demonstrate how the material is applied. Year : 2010 4th ed. Call No. : TE145 G213 20104 Title : Reinforcement learning : an introduction Author Author : Richard S. Sutton and Andrew G. Barto. Reinforcement learning, one of the most active research areas in artificial intelligence, is a computational approach to learning whereby an agent tries to maximize the total amount of reward it receives when interacting with a complex, uncertain environment. In Reinforcement Learning, Richard Sutton and Andrew Barto provide a clear and simple account of the key ideas and algorithms of reinforcement learning. Their discussion ranges from the history of the fields intellectual foundations to the most recent developments and applications. The only necessary mathematical background is familiarity with elementary concepts of probability.The book is divided into three parts. Part I defines the reinforcement learning problem in terms of Markov decision processes. Part II provides basic solution methods: dynamic programming, Monte Carlo methods, and temporal-difference learning. Part III presents a unified view of the solution methods and incorporates artificial neural networks,
3. eligibility traces, and planning; the two final chapters present case studies and consider the future of reinforcement learning. Year : 1998 Call No. : Q325.6 S9675 Title: Neural networks and learning machines itle: Author : Simon Haykin. For graduate-level neural network courses offered in the departments of Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Science. Renowned for its thoroughness and readability, this well-organized and completely up-to-date text remains the most comprehensive treatment of neural networks from an engineering perspective. Refocused, revised and renamed to reflect the duality of neural networks and learning machines, this edition recognizes that the subject matter is richer when these topics are studied together. Ideas drawn from neural networks and machine learning are hybridized to perform improved learning tasks beyond the capability of either independently. Year : 2009 Call No. : QA76.87 H419 20096 Title : Ideals, varieties, and algorithms : an algorithms introduction to computational algebraic geometry and commutative algebra Author : David A. Cox, John Little, Donal OShea. Algebraic Geometry is the study of systems of polynomial equations in one or more variables, asking such questions as: Does the system have finitely many solutions, and if so how can one find them? And if there are infinitely many solutions, how can they be described and manipulated? The solutions of a system of polynomial equations form a geometric object called a variety; the corresponding algebraic object is an ideal. There is a close relationship between ideals and varieties which reveals the intimate link between algebra and geometry. Written at a level appropriate to undergraduates, this book covers such topics as the Hilbert Basis Theorem, the Nullstellensatz, invariant theory, projective geometry, and dimension theory. The algorithms to answer questions such as those posed above are an important part of algebraic geometry. Year : 2007 3rd ed. Call No. : QA564 C877 2007 No.
4. 7 Title : Algebraic geometry Author: Author: Robin Hartshorne. An introduction to abstract algebraic geometry, with the only prerequisites being results from commutative algebra, which are stated as needed, and some elementary topology. More than 400 exercises distributed throughout the book offer specific examples as well as more specialised topics not treated in the main text, while three appendices present brief accounts of some areas of current research. This book can thus be used as textbook for an introductory course in algebraic geometry following a basic graduate course in algebra. Year : 1977 reprinted 2010 Call No. : QA564 H3358 Title: Title A first course in modular forms Author: Author: Fred Diamond, Jerry Shurman. This book introduces the theory of modular forms, from which all rational elliptic curves arise, with an eye toward the Modularity Theorem. Discussion covers elliptic curves as complex tori and as algebraic curves; modular curves as Riemann surfaces and as algebraic curves; Hecke operators and Atkin-Lehner theory; Hecke eigenforms and their arithmetic properties; the Jacobians of modular curves and the Abelian varieties associated to Hecke eigenforms. As it presents these ideas, the book states the Modularity Theorem in various forms, relating them to each other and touching on their applications to number theory. The authors assume no background in algebraic number theory and algebraic geometry. Exercises are included. Year : 2005 Call No. : QA243 D5379 Title : Computer organization and design : the hardware/software interface Author: Author: David A. Patterson, John L. Hennessy. This Fourth Revised Edition of Computer Organization and Design includes a complete set of updated and new exercises, along with improvements and changes suggested by instructors and students. Focusing on the revolutionary change taking place in industry today--the switch from uniprocessor to multicore microprocessors--this classic textbook has a modern and up-to-date focus on parallelism in all its forms. Examples highlighting multicore and GPU processor designs are supported with performance and benchmarking data. As with
5. previous editions, a MIPS processor is the core used to present the fundamentals of hardware technologies, assembly language, computer arithmetic, pipelining, memory hierarchies and I/O. Sections on the ARM and x86 architectures are also included. Year : 2012 4th ed. Call No. : QA76.9.C643 H515 201210 Title : Artificial intelligence : a modern approach Author: Author: Stuart J. Russell and Peter Norvig ; contributing writers, Ernest Davis ... [et al.]. Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach, 3e offers the most comprehensive, up- to-date introduction to the theory and practice of artificial intelligence. Number one in its field, this textbook is ideal for one or two-semester, undergraduate or graduate-level courses in Artificial Intelligence. Dr. Peter Norvig, contributing Artificial Intelligence author and Professor Sebastian Thrun, a Pearson author are offering a free online course at Stanford University on artificial intelligence. Year : 2010 3rd ed. Call No. : Q335 R967 201011 Title : MWHs water treatment : principles and design. Authors: John C. Crittenden, R. Rhodes Trussell, David W. Hand, Kerry J. Howe, George Tchobanoglous This newly revised edition of the classic reference provides complete, up-to-date coverage of both theory and practice of water treatment system design. The Third Edition brings the field up to date, addressing new regulatory requirements, ongoing environmental concerns, and the emergence of pharmacological agents and other new chemical constituents in water. MWH is a global consulting firm with more than 7,000 professionals and 180 offices in thirty-five countries, that provides services to a full range of water- related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage, dams, water management for the natural resources industry, and coastal restoration to renewable power and environmental service. MWH employees wrote the first edition of this book. Year : 2012 3rd ed. Year
6. Call No. : TD430 W324 201212 Title : Electromagnetic compatibility engineering Editors Editors: Henry W. Ott. or Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering is a completely revised, expanded, and updated version of Henry Otts popular book Noise Reduction Techniques in Electronic Systems. It reflects the most recent developments in the field of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and noise reduction¿and their practical applications to the design of analog and digital circuits in computer, home entertainment, medical, telecom, industrial process control, and automotive equipment, as well as military and aerospace systems. Year : 2009 Call No. : TK7867.5 O89 200913 Title: Abstract algebra Title: Athors: David S. Dummit, Richard M. Foote. ors Athor Widely acclaimed algebra text. This book is designed to give the reader insight into the power and beauty that accrues from a rich interplay between different areas of mathematics. The book carefully develops the theory of different algebraic structures, beginning from basic definitions to some in-depth results, using numerous examples and exercises to aid the readers understanding. In this way, readers gain an appreciation for how mathematical structures and their interplay lead to powerful results and insights in a number of different settings. Year : 2004 3rd ed. Call No. : QA162 D889 200414 Title : Design patterns : elements of reusable object- object-oriented software Author : Erich Gamma ... [et al.] 1995 Published in 1995, Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software has elicited a great deal of praise from the press and readers. The 23 patterns contained in the book have become an essential resource for anyone developing reusable software designs. In response to a great number of requests from readers of the book and from the object-oriented community as a whole, these designs patterns, along with the entire text of the book, are being
7. made available on CD. This electronic version will enable students to install the patterns directly onto a computer and create an architecture for using and building reusable components. Produced in HTML format, the CD is heavily cross-referenced with numerous links to the online text. Year : 1995 QA76.64 Call No. : QA76.64 D45715 Title : Pattern recognition and machine recognition learning Author: Author: Christopher M. Bishop. This is the first textbook on pattern recognition to present the Bayesian viewpoint. The book presents approximate inference algorithms that permit fast approximate answers in situations where exact answers are not feasible. It uses graphical models to describe probability distributions when no other books apply graphical models to machine learning. No previous knowledge of pattern recognition or machine learning concepts is assumed. Familiarity with multivariate calculus and basic linear algebra is required, and some experience in the use of probabilities would be helpful though not essential as the book includes a self-contained introduction to basic probability theory. Year : 2006 Call No. : Q327 B62216 Title: Title: Modern digital and analog communication systems Authors Authors: B.P. Lathi, Zhi Ding. Modern Digital and Analog Communication Systems is ideal for the first communication systems course for electrical and computer engineers; it offers its readers a consistently superb pedagogical style and explains complex subjects and concepts clearly, using both mathematics and heuristics. This new edition seamlessly incorporates many new technological advances in Lathis trademark style of user-friendliness and high readability. The text begins by introducing students to a panoramic view of communication systems, explaining important concepts of communication theory in a heuristic way. Only after a solid introduction to basic communication systems is analysis of communication systems requiring probability and random processes presented. The authors use real world examples to capture the students attention and enable them to easily
8. relate the course materials with their daily experience of communication tools. The text features easy-to-understand examples and MatLab exercises to clarify mathematical results and proofs. Among the newly introduced topics are spread spectrum communications and orthogonal frequency devision multiplexing (OFDM), error connection coding, soft-decoding, turbo codes and low density parity check (LDPC) codes. To better motivate various topics, the text provides many related applications including the latest wire-line (DSL) services, cellular systems, and the wireless local area networks (LANs). This unique text is highly informative, interactive, and accessible to beginning students as well as seasoned practitioners. Year : 2009 4th ed. Call No. : TK5101 L352 200917 Title : RF microelectronics Author: Author: Behzad Razavi Wireless communication has become almost as ubiquitous as electricity, but RF design continues to challenge engineers and researchers. In the 15 years since the first edition of this classic text, the demand for higher performance has led to an explosive growth of RF design techniques. In RF Microelectronics, Second Edition, Behzad Razavi systematically teaches the fundamentals as well as the state-of-the-art developments in the analysis and design of RF circuits and transceivers. Year : 2012 2nd ed. No. Call No. : TK6560 R278 2012