Drug dealer living in caravan. Police would occasionally raid it but he kept drugs up tree in the park. Led to interesting behaviour by tree squirrels. Incident ended after many months when local criminals nearly killed him with baseball bat and left him for dead in the street. I faces a choice – move to the suburbs or get stuck in to solving local problems.
Scenes from in front of my flat 2002 , 400 metres from kings cross station – taken by my upstairs neighbour
1. William Perrin TAL Local data, local action MADWD 18 March 2011 William Perrin - firstname.lastname@example.org @willperrin Talk About Local (West Midlands) Ltd http://talkaboutlocal.org/faq
3. The ‘Crackavan’ Rufford Street c2004 In front of my house Pics – Mark Bailey
4. Public Sector Information in action Brand new street light broken for 163 days Someone isn’t living up to contract From snagging to failure Can performance data help hold to account?
5. 2007-2008 Took a lifetime to find basic relevant information on web Street light repair – Islington average 26.5 days v 163 here Lever for getting things done Light gets fixed due to this and other factors
6. Abandoned cars and weekly arson Bingfield Park, Rufford Street 2002 In front of my house Pics – Mark Bailey
8. This 2010 open data would have been priceless in 2002 when fighting acute arson problem in Caledonian Ward
11. A planning campaign is an information and process game Open data will be vital to new planning regime and neighbourhood plans http://talkaboutlocal.org/
14. Talk about local can work with you and local people to help them use data to bring about change in their community Just drop us a line email@example.com @willperrin [email_address] http://talkaboutlocal.org/faq