6. Linked In2008 – PresentLinked In Group675 membersLinked In Page452 followersLast job postingover 100resumes
7. Facebook2008 – Present2,165 LikesLast post forinternshipreceived 175resumes
8. Topics• What kind of brand are you? 1, 2 or 3• Where have we been? A History of the Web• Where are we now? The Age of Convergence• What does the future look like? 7 points on the future• How do you find “rock stars” today?
9. What Kind of Brand Are You?There are only 3 kinds of Brands.1. Brands you know and love.2. Brands you know, but don’t love.3. Brands you never heard of.
10. What Kind of Brand Are You?• 1)• 2)• 3) River City ____________?
11. Where have we been?From PC to 4.0 in 35 years
12. Where are we now?The Age of ConvergenceThe literal definition of convergence is “the act ofmoving toward union or uniformity.”governments, politics, trade, markets, currencies,communications, media, transportation, logistics,energy, education, healthcare, manufacturing,professional services, supply chain, technology,research, tourism, banking, non-profits, wholesale,retail, military, hospitality, aviation, utilities, mining,agriculture, etc.
13. Where are we now?• In 2012 the amount of social media users exceeded the amountof email users.• Facebook has 1,200,000,000 users. (1.2 Billion, with a “B”)• Fortune 2500 companies now average more than 50% ofmarketing spend digital.• The average web user spends 3.5 minutes on CNN.com.• The average web user spends 35 minutes using Facebook.• 63% of the US population watches online video.• The average web user spent 23.2 hours watching videosonline. (approximately 45 minutes a day)
14. What does the future look like?1. Physical and digital world becomes more highly connected.(Geo-location)2. Our perception of reality will be altered by technology.(Augmented Reality)3. Web users will have more rights and less privacy. (Governmentv. Google)4. Human relationships will become more dependent on digitalcommunications. (Mobile)5. In the future, we won’t search for information. It will find us.(Semantic Web)6. We, as consumers and citizens, will become less passive andmore engaged. (hyperlocal and “buy local”)7. Everything will be connected on one platform?
15. How do you find “rock stars” today?
16. Depends on what kind ofbrand you are…1. Brands you know and love. ENGAGEMENT.2. Brands you know, but don’t love. PROACTIVITY.3. Brands you never heard of. AWARENESS.
17. Engagement• Content marketing• Encourage front-line employee use of social media• Post everything• Use social media to demonstrate your culture
18. Proactivity• Perform the Mea culpa and apologize for breakingthe brand promise• Change your name and/or rebrand• Change the sales and distribution dynamic• Focus the entire organization on proactivecustomer service• Outsource your recruitment
19. Awareness• Enhance your brand; imagery, messaging, brandpromise, brand story, etc.• Institute a balanced inbound and outbound marketingstrategy• Build large social communities on Facebook, Twitter,Linked In and niche sites, then leverage thoseaudiences• Turn your employees into brand champions• Tell the brand story over and over again
20. Call me.Madison+MainDavid SaundersChief Idea Officer1313 E. Main St.Richmond, Virginia 23219(804) 521-4141(877) MAD-MAINdavids@madisonmain.comwww.madisonmain.com