The “Gaming Disposition”
• are lazy.
• are antsy.
• have no desire to learn.
•Studies show that today’s students:
• are bottom-line oriented.
• seek proof of improvement: learning.
• lose interest and find frustration without
Sugata Mitra’s Studies
• Given a computer, adolescents are capable of:
• learning how to use foreign technology.
• teaching themselves a new language.
• answer questions through online navigation.
• teaching and learning from their peers.
Self Organized Learning
1. Provide students with a question and internet
2. Allow them to work in groups and build off of
3. When presented with their findings, offer
ample encouragement and admiration for their
New Media Literacies
• Are the facts and sites credible?
• How do I understand this new group?
• How can I use these new skills?
• How do I use my skills to solve this new problem?
• And so many more…
The End…Or The Beginning?
How can you, as an educator, help encourage this
new generation by taking into account their
capacities to learn, and use all of the different
resources now available?