2. • Hootsuite • “With Hootsuite.com you can improve efficiency and cut costs. The tool is super-easy to use and its clean, clear layout makes it easy to manage multiple social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and your blogs” (Alt, 2010).• Tweetdeck • “TweetDeck provides brands, publishers, marketers and others with a powerful platform to track all the real-time conversations they care about” (Enzer, 2011).
3. Learn how to use both Hootsuite and Tweetdeck. Create a Slideshare account and share my Hootsuite and Tweetdeck powerpoint on this account. Compare the benefits and drawbacks of both Hootsuite and Tweetdeck. Manage my Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter accounts from both Hootsuite andTweetdeck for one week. Choose one of the two platforms for continued use.
4. I viewed the Hootsuite Help Desk to learn more about scheduling tweets: http://help.hootsuite.com/entries/330469-how-to-use-hootsuite-to- schedule-tweets I viewed the Hootsuite Help Desk to learn more about the features of ://hootsuite.com/about. I began to follow Hootsuite on Twitter. I watched an online tutorial about Hootsuite. I began to follow Hootsuite’s own blog.
5. I began to follow Tweetdeck on Twitter I read online articles about using Tweetdeck effectively: http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/design/learn-how-to-use- tweetdeck-effectively-and-save-time/ I viewed online tutorials about using Tweetdeck I used Delicious.com to find a stack entirely about Tweetdeck
6. Hootsuite I had to upgrade my browser. I was slightly confused because I had to refresh several times before anything appeared on the screen. Tweetdeck Signing up was very easy to understand. I only had to enter my email address and a password.
7. Hootsuite I was able to schedule this tweet: The different social media platforms are sectioned into tabs. This makes viewing my different profiles less cluttered and easier to manage. It is easy to explore other websites. If I see something I like in a tweet, I can click the link and be immediately directed to the site from my Hootsuite. I can change the appearance of my Hootsuite with themes. This platform is web based so it works on any computer.
8. Tweetdeck I was able to schedule this tweet: New Tweets, posts, and Linkedin Messages pop up in the corner as soon as they are created, creating a feeling of immediacy. It is very easy to add new accounts, all you have to do is click add account, add column and select a platform. Tweetdeck automatically becomes a desktop icon, making it easy to access as soon as I log on.
9. Hoosuite Signing up for Hootsuite was not as easy as Tweeteck. Tweetdeck Tweetdeck is not web based, so my account is not as easily accessible. Tweetdeck displays my profiles all on one screen, but tabs would be easier for viewing.
10. I think that I will continue to use Hootsuite. I like both of these applications for different reasons but I found myself actually using Hootsuite more comfortably and more naturally than Tweetdeck. I hadn’t realized how much easier managing my social media profiles with these applications would be!