POWER POINTA QUICK PRESENTATION ABOUT PRESENTATIONS
.ppt IS THE FORMAT FORPRESENTATIONS IN MICROSOFT OFFICE
What do you need to make a presentation?• A projector• A laptop or pc• A copy of your presentation in a pen drive or a cd or in the computer you are using• Speakers if you have added audio into your ppt.
• Made of slides• Each slide has points• Each point usually has a bullet before it• Each slide must have six points or less• Use a lot of visuals, pictures, animation and graphs, diagrams, whenever necessary
HOW TO STARTRight click with the mouse on the screen
The document is created• You can change the title of the presentation to anything you want• Double click on this icon and the presentation will open.
This is how your presentation will look to begin with
When you click in the centre, the screen becomes like this This is your first slide – the title slide
SLIDE LAYOUT AND BACKGROUND SLIDE LAYOUT SLIDE• ALL THIS: BACKGROUND• TITLE • IS THE LOOK,• SUB TITLE • COLOUR,• PICTURES • THEME• TABLES• ARE CALLED THE SLIDE LAYOUT
CLICK IN ANY PLACEHOLDER AND START TYPING YOUR POINTS• Font • Bullet• Font size • Line spacing• Font color
Font• The font is a set of type of one Choice of font particular face depends on the and size type of audience:• A style of formal or formation of letters and informal , numbers of text big small or , etc.
Standart fonts• Use the same font set throughout your entire slide presentation,• Serif font are said to be easier to read at small point sizes
Font size• Must be readable • Best size of font is• Not too small • text at a 28 or 32 point size,• Not too big • titles being 36 to 44 point size.
To choose a font go toHome>font>Times New Roman etc.
To make a new slide you can….• Click on ‘New Slide’ above • Or press Ctrl+m• Or right click on pane on left and choose ‘New Slide’
More keyboard shortcuts
KEY TERMS (IMPORTANT WORDS)(1.) Slide - Slide Show• Each page of a PowerPoint presentation is called a slide. The default orientation of the slide is in landscape layout, which means that the slide is 11" wide by 8 1/2" tall. Text, graphics and/or pictures are added to the slide to enhance its appeal.
(2) SLIDE DESIGN2. The Ribbon• The ribbon, first introduced in PowerPoint 2007, is the strip of buttons across the top of the main window, and it replaces the toolbar in earlier versions of PowerPoint.
(3) Contextual Menus or Contextual Tabs• were introduced in PowerPoint 2007. Instead of scrolling through the longer menus as in previous versions of PowerPoint, once a topic is accessed, the ribbon changes to objects pertaining to that option.
(4) Slide Layouts - Slide Types• 4. Slide Layouts - Slide Types• The terms slide type or slide layout can be used interchangeably. Types of layouts• title slides• title and content slides• comparison slides• picture with caption slides• and more
(5 ) SLIDE VIEWSdifferent ways to see your presentation in totality• Normal view • Slide sorter view• Outline view • Reading view • Notes page
SLIDE SORTER VIEW
SLIDE SHOWSTARTS THE PRESENTATION – STARTS SHOWING THE SLIDES
(6) DESIGN THEMES• Apply a Design • The design is reflected Theme immediately on your• Click on slide, so you can see how the Design tab of it will look if you apply the ribbon. this design theme to your presentation.• Hover your mouse • Click the design theme over any of the icon when you find one design theme that suits your needs. icons shown.. This will apply that theme to your presentation
YOU CAN CHANGE THE COLOURSCHEME OF YOUR DESIGN THEME
Transition or Slide Transition Slide transitions• Slide transitions are the visual movements as one slide changes to another.
(7) Animation or Custom Animation• In Microsoft PowerPoint, animations are visual effects applied to individual items on the slide such as graphics, titles or bullet points, rather than to the slide itself
SLIDE MASTER• THE DEFAULT DESIGN SCHEME FOR ALL PRESENTATIONS
BUSINESS SPEECHES Qualities of a good speech1. Clarity2. Friendliness3. Use recent and interesting examples4. Brevity5. Interesting6. Based on the requirements of the audience
Qualities of a good speaker• Energetic• Speaks clearly• Interacts with audience• Smiles and uses expressions a lot• Uses the hands effectively• Maintains eye contact• Looks at every part of the audience• Keeps calm• Knowledgeable• Well prepared