So what is DevOps?
DevOps is a culture shift or movement that encourages great collaboration
(aka teamwork) to foster building better quality software more quickly
with more reliability.
- Better quality, faster to market, more reliable
DevOps is NOT….
• A role, person, or organization
• Something only systems administrators do
• Something only developers do
• Writing Chef and Puppet scripts
The Fundamental Goal of DevOps is…
Remove waste from the system
Examples of waste:
• Manual testing processes
• Inconsistent environments
• A domain expert as a bottleneck
• Long approval processes
• Stale data in testing environments