2.  Announcements Major of the Day Video Clip + Writing Prompt Matrix time! (If you are able to finish your matrix and hand it in, I will let you leave early.)
3.  Excuses that won’t get you out of the ACT:  *cough cough* I’m sick.  My alarm didn’t go off and I overslept.  Oh no! That was this Saturday?! You need to bring:  A calculator (if you want one for the math section)  Extra snacks (I’ll bring donuts but bring more food if you think you’ll get hungry)
4.  If you qualify for a fee waiver, make sure you pick one up from Ms. Quachvu in the College and Career Center BEFORE Tuesday
5.  Monday, February 18th 9 am-12 pm Free pizza! Wear close-toed shoes and comfortable clothes.
6.  Due Thursday, March 7th 10 colleges—all parts of chart filled in You are welcome to turn it in early! 
7.  Good if you like: writing, researching, learning about current events Magazine, newspaper, online journalism, photojournalism, broadcast journalism, and public relations Might work for university newspaper or radio station
8.  37 programs w/ journalism majors in Texas Good programs in Texas: UT, UNT, Texas A&M Sample classes: American Mass Media, Literary Nonfiction, Interviewing: Principles and Practices
10. 1. What do you think this clip is saying about creativity and the education system?2. How is this clip able to tell a story without any dialogue? Do you think it is effective?You will have 15 minutes to write on one of the prompts. If you feel like you’re running out of things to say, you can talk about both prompts. The important thing is to keep writing!