• Advertisement is considered unethical in the
• o When it has degraded or underestimated the
substitute or rival's product.
• o When it gives false or misleading information on
the value of the product.
• o When it fails to give useful information on the
possible reaction or side effects of the product. And
• o When it is immoral.
WAYS OF UNETHICAL MARKETING
Women used as sex symbols for promoting products
Use of children in advertising
MARKETING STRATEGY BY
• Fantastic business plan by a group of
people where you can earn money by
filling up a 10 question online survey.
• False claim that Speak Asia has tied up
with big FMCG companies for these
• Speciality panel through presentations &
advertising on Special interest sites.
• Advertisement between IPL breaks
• Special shows in channels like Imagine TV
• Modus operandi : Pay back in the first
round so that more number of people get
attracted and in second round loot the
No money in company’s account- No
evidence-Deposits in the countries where
tax laws are not stringent.
WHY WAS IT UNETHICAL?
• False claim
• False promise
• Marketing using people’s emotions
• Fake addresses
• Targeted heavy internet users i.e. Youth of
advertising or deceptive
advertising is the use of
false or misleading
WOMEN IN ADVERTISING USED AS
• Projects an unrealistic
ideal of the feminine
• Filtering of
• Advertisement creating
• In India, due to severe
restrictions on advertising
certain products like
alcohol, tobacco products
and medicines ,a whole
genre of surrogate
advertising has emerged.
• In such advertising, a brand
is endorsed using a product
different from the actual
product being promoted.
• Using false claims in the advertisements about
• For example:-Ghari detergent - “Pehle Istemaal
kare phir vishvaas kare.”, Tide detergent – “White
ho to Tide ho.”, Vodafone Essar – “Wherever you
go our network follows.”