Drupal local dev
Preparing a local development environment
A presentation by iMadalin.ro
Using Puphpet to generate proper virtual
machines (x86 or x86_64 both available)
Is there a robot that does in seconds what I’m
researching in years?...
IDE or Code editor
• Netbeans - free, open source
• PHPStorm - commercial
• Brackets - free, open source
• Sublime Text - commercial, really cool
• Coda 2 - reason why we buy a Mac...
Better management of Drupal projects from
installation up to updates and of course,
online deployment, backups etc.
Download Drupal, modules and themes in
Update anything in seconds. Make full or
partial backups in nanoseconds.
It’s important to be able to switch to any
important stage of development. Using it with
drush for db management can become an
awesome development setup.
Ready to work in team
• local dev - do anything you want
• online dev - db sharing, features
management, team collaboration
• staging - test with the QA team and client
• production - only 100% working stuff here ;)
All of this with Drush and Git and pizza.