Krug’s “trunk test”
• What site is this? (Site ID)
• What page am I on? (Page name/heading)
• What are the major sections of this site?
• What are my options at this level? (Local or
secondary/tertiary navigation links)
– Or, where can I go from here?
• How can I search?
From Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability, 2nd edition,
by Steve Krug. New Riders, 2006. This text is found on page 85.
Missing: The search box
On a commercial Web site,
we would expect to see the
search box around here.
Web Site Navigation
Presentation by Mindy McAdams
University of Florida
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.