Strength-Based Approach Macheo Payne
The Strengths Perspective
- The challenge is to see ALL behavior as a developed strength or a hidden strength .
- A developed strength is a pattern of behavior or trait that manifests positive outcomes. Example: positive attitude, articulate, on time to school, strong academic skills, completes work on time, etc.
- A hidden strength is a pattern of behavior or trait that manifests as negative behavior and has negative outcomes.
- Defiant, talking back to the teacher
- Hidden strengths can be assertiveness, direct communicator, principles, critical thinker with debate skills
- Uses profanity frequently