Who is the main characters?
• Macbeth: A Scottish nobleman who was the Thane of Glaimis
and later granted as Thane of Cawdor.
• Lady Macbeth: Macbeth’s wife who encouraged him to kill the
• Banquo: Macbeth’s friend, he was killed by Macbeth
• Three witches: came from mystery, made correct predictions
• King Duncan: granted Macbeth with the Thane of Cawdor, was
bloodily killed by him
• Macduff: strongly believed that Macbeth killed the King and
asked for help from King Edward
Changing a Person
• Macbeth won two major battles against invaders and rebels
• On the way back, Macbeth and his friend Banquo met the three witches
who talked about their fate:
Macbeth would be the Thane of Cawdor and the future king
Banquo’s descendants would be kings
• They didn’t believe anything they said first, until King’s men announced
Macbeth as the Thane of Cawdor
• Macbeth began to believe he would be the King one day
• Macbeth met King Duncan in the Palace
• King Duncan announced his son as the Prince
of Cumberland. He suggested a party in
• Macbeth realized if he wanted to be the
king, he needed to kill anyone who was on his
way to the crown.
• Macbeth didn’t want to kill Duncan because
he just receive the honor recently
• Lady Macbeth encouraged his husband to
commit murder to King Duncan
• They made up a plan which they could put all
the crimes on King’s servants
• The evil murder was going to happen!!!!!!!!
• Macbeth saw an illusion of a floating dagger because of the crime he was
about to commit
• Macbeth heard the bell ring, killed King Duncan while he’s sleeping
• He reached his summit of fear, thought he heard a loud cry!
• Lady Macbeth took back the dagger and smeared blood on sleeping
• Macbeth washed out the blood on his hand and pretended sleeping
• Nobleman Macduff went to King’s chamber
and found out his was dead!!!!
• Macbeth pretended moaning and killed King’s
guards as scapegoats.
• King Duncan’s sons Malcolm and Donalbain
extremely worried about their own
safety, decided to flee away.
• Macbeth’s fate became true, he became the
King of Scotland.
The Fear Came…
• Macbeth realized Banquo was a threat, he’s going to
fight in stead of accepting fate!
• He ordered 2 murderers who were once convicted by
Banquo to kill him and his son
• Even Lady Macbeth was shocked by his plan of
• From this point Macbeth really became a
ruthless and evil murderer
• Three murderers killed Banquo on his way to
the castle, his son fled.
• Macbeth held a party in his Palace
• He saw Banquo’s ghost and was paralyzed by
the fear of the ghost
• Macduff refused to come to this party
• It was heard that Macduff went to England
and ask for help from King Edward
• A war to take down Macbeth’s tyranny may
happen one day