2. He was a small, gentle looking man, he appeared kind and trusting, but once alone with his victims his true monster self was released His crimes were so perverse and cruel they seemed almost unbelievable Eventually he was executed and rumors say that he turned his execution into a fantasy of pleasure
3. • Birth name is Hamilton Fish• He was born on May 19th, 1870 in Washington D.C.• His family had a long history of mental illnesses• His father died when he was 5• He was abandoned by his parents at a young age and he was sent to an orphanage• Fish claims that at the orphanage he was exposed to regular beatings and sadistic acts of brutality• At age 7 he was reunited with his mother
4. • Had very little formal education• Grew up learning to work more with his hands then with his brain He fell from a cherry tree causing severe head trauma After graduating from high school, he started working odd jobs and traveling around the country. This is when he began committing small crimes He also began calling himself “Albert,” discarding the hated first name, which led classmates to tease him, calling him “Ham and Eggs.”
5. He married in 1898 and fathered six children His children had average lives up until 1917, when his wife left him for another man After his wife left him his children recall him occasionally asking them to participate in his sado- masochistic games. One of these games he wanted them to play included the nail laced paddle he once used on his victims He would ask his children to paddle him with the weapon until blood ran down his entire leg He would also find enjoyment in pushing needles deep into his skin
6. Across state lines He developed a skill as a house painter and worked in different states across the country Rumored that he selected states largely populated with African Americans because he believed the police would spend less time searching for African American children then Caucasian children Several of his victims were black children selected to endure his labeled “Instruments of Hell” They included the paddle, a meat cleaver and knives.
7. Methods He would lure them away from their homes, torture them in various ways including using a paddle laced with sharp nails, and then rape them As time went on his sexual fantasies grew more fiendish and bizarre The crimes would begin ending in murdering and cannibalizing his young victims
8. He observed and experienced numerous acts of perversions including forced masturbation in front of other children He was abused These acts lead up to his further obsession with sado- masochism. He was never in a stable environment
9. Young children Race and gender did not matter
10. The police traced the letter that was anomalously written to the Budd family on the case of their missing daughter back to a flophouse were Fish was living He was arrested and immediately began confessing about killing Grace Budd and several hundred other children Fish would smile as he told the detectives about the grizzly details of the tortures and murders he committed He appeared to the detectives as the Devil himself
11. On March 11, 1935 his trial began and he pleaded innocent for the reason of insanity He claimed that he had voices in his head telling him to kill those children Despite the numerous physiatrists who described him as insane he was still found guilty Charged with (look up what degree) The jury found him sane and guilty after only a ten day trial He was sentenced to death by electrocution On January 16, 1936, fish was electrocuted at Sing Sing prison Reportedly a process Fish looked upon as "the ultimate sexual thrill" but later dismissed as just rumor.
12. So difficult to spot? They blend in, camouflaged in contemporary anonymity. They lurk in churches and malls, and prowl the freeways and streets. Like all predators, they stalk their victims by gaining their trust. They hide behind a mask of fake emotions
13. Organized : Disorganized: offense planned spontaneous offense victim a targeted stranger victim or location known personalizes victim depersonalizes victim controlled conversation minimal conversation crime scene reflects overall crime scene random and control sloppy demands submissive victim sudden violence to victim restraints used minimal use of restraints aggressive acts prior to death sexual acts after death body hidden body left in view weapon/evidence absent evidence/weapon often transports victim or body present body left at death scene
14. I learned that there are people out there that can cause them to do so much damage in a life time Its just awful to learn how someone can cannibalize children