1. M3 Marine Group Pte Ltd1 Commonwealth Lane #06-21 One Commonwealth Singapore149544 t: +65 6327 4606 m: email@example.com w: www.m3marine.com.sg All rights reserved.
2. BROKERAGEASSET VALUATIONS Based in SingaporeMARKET RESEARCH &FORECASTING M3 Marine was founded in 2005 and is one of Asia’s largest independentDUE DILIGENCE offshore shipbroking and marine consultancy firms M3 Marine is underpinned by a wealth of multi-faceted industryNEWBUILD experience sourced from its in-house experts and its diverse network ofSURVEYS, AUDITS &INSPECTIONS associatesPROJECTMANAGEMENT & “M3 Marine was set up to offer the market a uniqueSYSTEMS and comprehensive range of commercially focusedINTEGRATION offshore services, tailored to meet the needs of theLEGAL & INSURANCE offshore oil and gas industry.” Founder Capt. Mike MeadeCLAIMS SUPPORTTECHNICAL EDITINGCONTRACT ANALYSIS& NEGOTIATIONSPECIALIST MARINEMANNING
3. GEOGRAPHICALFOOTPRINT &AREAS OF SERVICE M3 Marine has direct access to a vast network of offshore vessel ownersDELIVERY and is backed by a growing network of associates“Singapore the‘hub’ of Marine M3 Marine is active predominantly in, but not limited to, the Australian,activity in Asia” South East Asian, Indian, Russian and, to a lesser extent, West African“Commercial marketscentre for Oil &Gas trading,insurance andFinance (Marine)”“The largest rigbuilding market inthe world”“Projectmobilisation orSingapore centredcomponents…” • Areas of Operations • Head Office
4. “We supplybrokerageservices to ship Brokerage for time & bareboat charterowners, M3 Marine is well-versed in all manner of time, bareboat & lump sumcharterers &shipyards and contractsfacilitatemutually agreedcontracts thatform a deal”
5. “We prideourselves onour integrity, M3 Marine seeks to facilitate charter negotiations & “add-value” to theattention to commercial chain while ensuring FAIR* principles are applieddetail, Fair (not equal) & realistic distribution of risk in proportion to relative rewardsexpediency & Allocate risk to the party best placed to assume itquality ofservice” Insure – sufficient scope of cover Reasonable – avoid “duplicate” assumptions of risk and minimise potential for dispute * Risk allocation goals with the acronym ‘FAIR’. ‘FAIR’ lies at the heart of IMCA Contracting Principles.
6. “We broker thesale & purchaseof new vessels Brokerage for sale and purchasefrom conceptthrough to buildand delivery MSVand alsofacilitatere-sales of new AHTSand secondhand vesselsbetween willingbuyers andsellers…” PSV AHT
7. “M3 Marineworks closely andin regular Over the years, M3 Marine has forged strong business relations withdialogue withshipyards in the numerous shipyards (especially those active in the SEA region)Asia Pacific Examples of shipyards we have contracted withregion & vessel Drydocks World SEAownersworldwide both Nam Cheong International Limitedin the facilitation ASL Shipyard Pte Ltdof commercial Jaya Shipbuilding and Engineering Pte Ltddeals & astechnical Fujian Southeast Shipyardadvisories &newbuildsuperintendents”
8. “M3 Marinecombinescommercial Brokerage and consultancy for newbuildingmarketknowledge & M3 Marine is actively involved in all facets of the newbuilding processstrengths with including:solid marine &engineering Vessel designexpertise to Vessel specificationprovide a Prequalification of shipyardcomprehensiveservice to our Biddingclients” Shipyard selection Contract negotiation Technical review Commercial closing Site Supervision Project Management Trials Vessel delivery “At M3 Marine, we are actively involved in the entire newbuilding process, from the conceptualisation of the vessel through to its delivery.”
9. “M3 Marine areinvolved in vesselselection and M3 Marine adds value to the “traditional broker chain” by playing ainspection for the proactive role in:whole range ofoffshore marine Matching shipyards and buyers / vessel ownersrelated Assisting owners in shipyard selectionrequirements forthe…… Contributing our expertise early on in the ship design stageOil & GasOffshoreConstructionMaterialstransportHeavy LiftSubseaRenewable energy…….Industries”
10. “Finger on thepulse…” Independent desktop or full inspection vessel valuations and pricing“Understanding trends for Owners, Financial Institutions and Banksthe currentmarket,activities andmovement andthe keyconsiderationsfor assessmentof value”“Indicativecurrentvaluation rangesand historic,current andfuture charterrateexpectations.”
11. “M3 Marineoffer theexpertise Have advised on a number of M&A dealsintegral to the Able to provide clients with:facilitation of acorporate Historical valuesdeal….” Forecast values“High levelreviews of the Summary of Smaller-Sized AHTS (4 – 7,000 BHP) for year 2008 Summary of Medium-Sized AHTS (7 - 12,000 BHP) for year 2008OSV market andanalysis ofindustrydynamics”“Barriers toentry and keysuccess factors– future trendsand market Company X’s Newbuildings Fleet Summary, updated 2009 Company X’s Existing Fleet Summary, updated 2009potential”“Acquisitions,newbuilds andother expansionstrategies”
12. M3 Marineundertaketechnical & Up to date market research and forecastsoperational due Detailed financial, market and operational due diligence aimed atdiligenceincluding physical adding significant contribution to new projects and vesselinspection, requirementssurvey of vesselsand/or yard,shoremanagement &workshopfacilities , qualityof customers &contracts,management &operations”
13. “We aim toestablish longterm M3 Marine plays an integral role in assisting our clients in problemrelationships & solving, decision-making and facilitating them in achieving theirstrive to developquality & project objectives:maintain focus at On timeall times to Within budgetachieve ourclients’ and to a level of quality that is acceptable to all stakeholders involvedobjectives…”
14. “M3 Marine hasmarine,engineering Assists with drafting of agreements and associated negotiationsexperts whoadvice at the including advising at preliminary stages of a proposalpreliminary A service aimed at:stages of aproposal & curtail Curtailing potential disputes and coststhe potential for Facilitating the client’s understanding of documents and points offuture dispute & concerncost” Ironing out stumbling blocks to deals“We ensure Pin-pointing where legal advice is necessarymarine industryrelatedrequirements areclearlyunderstood andactionedaccordingly”
15. “Mariners &Engineers withextensive expertise Quality expert opinioncoverage in a wide Professional testimonyarray of specialism,ETOs, Cables and Legal and insurance claims support serviceTelecommunication,Towing, Diving, DP,Warranty Surveyors,H & S leads,Competence andAssurance advisors,Emergency Plannersetc. based in Asiaand Europe”
16. “Easing the burdenof documentarycompliance &deliverables on a M3 Marine works with clients on:project…” Commercial and technical tender submissions“Enabling client’s Reporting, compliance, policy and / or procedural documentsto allocate key Newslettersinternal resources Technical and research papers M3 Marine produces documentswhere they matter which contain salient, useful andthe most and productive information in anoutsourcing the efficient and effective manner.structuring, writing This is achieved through skilled& polishing of extraction of information,documentation…” analysis and interpretation … structuring of contents and clear and concise reporting.
17. “Particularexpertise isrelated to high Vessel surveys, audits and inspections (IMCA and OVID)end dynamically FMEA authoring, inspection and review for all vessel systemspositionedoffshore support, Annual DP Trialssubsea Systems integration (such as dive systems)construction &diving support Concept review and development of shipboard systems invessels….” conjunction with manufacturers and classification societies Review and production of vessel build and conversion specification & machinery and electrical systems
18. “M3 Marineoffers technicalexpertise in DP Dynamic Positioning (DP) is a specialised method of holding ships inand associated position without the use of conventional moorings.systems,producing The use of DP systems require intimate equipment knowledge alongannual trials with strict standards of training and personnel selection.reports andFMEAs…” Ships are essentially held in position using multiple thrusters and computer controlled equipment aided by acoustics, taut wire, radar and satellite.
19. “Professionalswho addtechnical & M3 Marine is well-positioned to offer a selection of services including:commercialcompetence to Auditing of Marine DP Equipment to IMCA standardsyour marine Contract consultancy (for end-user, shipyard, ship owner)offshore vessel Vessel suitability for works envisagedneeds…” Training of crews in the use of DP
20. “High endplacement ofsolid expertise for M3 Marine can provide specialist marine manning utilising a team ofour clients’technical carefully selected associates with a high level of specialized disciplinesassurance including:requirements,newbuilds, OSVs, Dynamic PositioningDP, ROV, Subsea, Dive SupportFPSO, FSO, Offshore Construction and Offshore InstallationConstruction and Offshore Marine HSE & Emergency Response PlanningDrilling Vesselsand project Auditing (CMID and OVID)management Technical and Competence Assurancepositions…” Tow Masters Barge Masters and Foreman
21. M3 Marinerepresentativesregularly attend M3 Marine’s projects and presentations:and speak at IMCA Presentation: DP in a Hurry.offshore marine, OSV Singapore: When does a boat die?oil & gas Asian Workboat OSV Forum 2007.conferences &events around OSV Singapore 2007.the globe…” The Standard – OSV Developments in South East Asia 2010. OSV Singapore 2011 and DP Asia 2011 - The importance of FMEA’s: The Asian shipyards struggle to deliver FMEA’s for more than an OSV and the increased industry demand for DP Annual Trials. The Compact Semi-Submersible (CSS) vessel.
22. “Adding Value –from designconcept tonewbuild todelivery…”“M3 Marineprovided technical& operationalexpertise in theinitialconceptualization& gradualdevelopment ofthe CSS &brokered the firstnewbuildcontract…” For more information on the CSS project, please log on to http://www.css-shipdesign.com/css-facts.html
24. Services offered by M3 in Europe“MWS abilitywithin theoffshore andshippingindustries.Marine rep. forclient orcontractor orinsurer. Projectcargo riskmanagement and Shipping/Cargo Risk Managementlogistics riskassessments. Logistics Risk ManagementSalvage & wreck Marine Risk Managerattendance along Marine Warranty Surveyswith conditionsurveys and Salvage & WreckP&I/Cargoreporting formarine incidents”
25. “M3 Marineinvests in thedevelopment of M3 MARINE GROUP PTE LTDlocal &international Chief Executive Officer & Director: Captain Mike Meade (MNI) Chief Operating Officer & Director: Captain John Meadepersonnel, Marketing & Business Development Manager: Wei Ling, Low (BSc)offering a Financial Controller: David Woon (CPA, MBA)meritocratic Accounts Executives: Cynthia Tan & Shirley Tay Office Administrator: Ronna Panganibanspringboard forachievement…” M3 Marine M3 Marine Expertise (Offshore Brokers) Pte Ltd Pte Ltd Director: Captain M. Meade (MNI) Managing Director: Joey Fisher (IEng IMarEng Head of Sale & Purchase: Captain J. Meade MIMarEST, First Class Chief Engineer) Lead Chartering Broker: Sophia Low (BEng) Commercial Manager: Angeline Chng (BSc) Broker: Aslinda Wati European Rep/Marine Consultant: Captain John Broker: Richard Meade (BSc) Carroll (MNI, BSc ) Commercial Executive: You Ru Tan (BEng) Projects & Inspections Manager: Alex Brabin (First Intern: Kuet Shao Heng Class Chief Engineer) Projects Engineer: Elizabeth Anne Morris (CEng MIMechE) Projects Engineer: Luke Rust Commercial Executive: Sarasvini Chandrasekeran BSc (Eng) Intern: Teo Hui Fang Director & Expert: Captain M. Meade (MNI) Director & Expert: Captain J. Meade Industry Experts
26. “Captains Mikeand JohnMeade have acombinedwealth of nearly60 years in themarine offshoreindustry…. “ Chief Executive Officer, Capt. Mike Meade (MNI), Chief Operating Officer, Captain John Meade, combines expert offshore knowledge, operational, is the Group’s lead for Sale and Purchase on technical and commercial management with strong the brokerage team and brings a wealth of business acumen and is described by many as a man knowledge and acquired skills across a wide with his ‘finger very much on the pulse’. Mike range of marine disciplines. Having held senior previously held senior management positions in roles in Marine Warranty, Pilotage, Towage Seacor Holdings Inc and the Swire Group and has and Port Operations, John provides additional accumulated extensive exposure and success in depth to the Group’s consultancy arm M3 dealing with major oil companies and offshore Marine Expertise and provides expert and marine/engineering service providers, globally. valued opinion to the Industry. John is also a Mike is a trusted and respected contributor to the key member of M3 Marine’s vessel valuation commercial needs of the Subsea network both panel and whilst working extensively on S&P locally and globally and is the Asia Pacific and charter requirements worldwide, he representative on the IMCA Marine Division maintains a particular focus on Australia. Management Committee.
27. “Our team hashands-onindustry expertsranging fromcommercial &fleetmanagement,seafaring &offshore work tonewbuildsuperintendence& projectmanagementexposure,creating a strong& diverse array ofskill sets withinthe Group…” Lead Chartering Broker, Sophia Low (BEng), Broker, Aslinda Wati has over 10 years experience graduated from Nanyang Technological University in the offshore marine industry. Linda’s motivation in 2006 with a Bachelor in Materials Engineering. and positive, pro-active mindset with a keen eye for Sophia is a dedicated and energetic individual. detail and a desire to learn, saw her progress rapidly She first joined the oil & gas industry as a drilling into management positions in procurement and engineer working on offshore jack-ups to provide administration, including extensive marketing and technical support to the drilling team and as a commercial experience whilst at Seacor Marine and well design engineer. She joined M3 Marine as an Hallin Marine. Linda has gained invaluable offshore shipbroker armed with in depth experience in tendering processes, encompassing knowledge of the upstream industry and commercial, technical HSE and ISO standards, and understanding of the demands of the drilling being a solid all-rounder, she brings a strong skill set fraternity. Her skills compliment the team to the M3 Marine brokerage team. dynamic for M3 Marine and the provision of value-added ship broking services to M3 Marine client’s.
28. “Our clientsvalue our astutecommercial &operationalacumen andup-to-datemarketknowledge” Broker, Richard Meade (BSc) is a graduate of Bristol Commercial Executive, You Ru Tan (BEng) University, worked as a biochemist undertaking research at graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Civil Bath University before joining M3 Marine to continue his Engineering from NTU. Prior to M3 Marine, professional development in the commercial field, focusing You Ru worked for Saipem’s Commercial on the offshore marine, oil and gas industry. Richard has a Dept. compiling information for bid pre- colourful background having travelled extensively qualification and assisting in bid preparation throughout. He has a sharp, logical and well organized against complex offshore pipelay and mind, comprehensive IT skills, a Cambridge certificate in construction projects. As Commercial Arab Studies and is a conscientious communicator at all Executive on the M3 Marine Brokers’ Team, levels. He excelled in his laboratory work, employing the You Ru assists in administrative and use of modern chemical and biological techniques to documentation works and liaises directly develop novel methods for the control of noxious with M3 Marine’s extensive owner client species. He is an exciting new addition to M3 Marine and base to maintain the detailed Sales and has the tenacity and focus to build on his understanding of Purchase and Charter Offshore Support the specialist offshore industry and bring his strengths and Vessel Availability List. abilities to fruition.
29. “M3 Marinenurtures &combines thestrengths ofinternationallyexperiencedexpertise with‘home grown’talent” Managing Director, Joey Fisher (IEng IMarEng European Rep/Marine Consultant, Captain John Carroll, MIMarEST, First Class Chief Engineer) has over (MNI, BSc) is based in the UK and brings another 12 years offshore marine engineering experience. dimension to M3 Marine. He was a Master in the offshore His particular expertise is related to high-end industry on board AHTS and Salvage vessels. Since leaving Dynamically Positioned Offshore Support, Subsea the sea he has over twenty years’ experience in marine Construction and Diving Support Vessels and he is consulting and the marine insurance industry. His latest role, prior to working with M3, was as a marine loss highly qualified to advise on the integration of control engineer/risk manager for a US international vessel machinery, equipment and systems, insurance company based in their London City office. John specialised subsea (such as Saturation Dive) is capable of assisting in the following markets: salvage, systems and as author / auditor of FMEA’s. Joey wreck removal, condition surveys, risk assessment, risk is an accomplished surveyor, superintendent and management for project cargoes, marine representation project manager and has the depth and breadth and marine warranty surveys. He has the ability to be of experience to ensure consistent and quality embedded within a client’s/main contractors office and driven deliverables and exacting standards. offer value-added marine consultancy services to assist in the completion of marine projects.
30. “Highlycredentialed,independent &capableindividuals whodeliver qualitycontributions..” Marketing & Business Development Manager, Wei Ling Commercial Manager, Angeline Chng (BSc) Low (BSc) is a highly self-motivated, dedicated and goal- is an Honors graduate with a Bachelor of oriented professional who possesses a strong sense of Science in Maritime Studies (NTU). She responsibility and positive work attitude. Graduating interned with M3 Marine in Mid 2008 as a from SMU with a Bachelors Degree in Information Management Trainee and is now onboard Systems Management, Wei Ling took a bold career step the M3 Marine Expertise Team as a by moving to China to work with Yantai CIMC Raffles, one Commercial Manager overseeing the of the largest rig builders in China. Her experience in administration and development of the project management brings added depth and enhances consultancy business. the Group’s technical and commercial portfolios. Wei Ling also spent several years working her way up through the ranks of Swiber Offshore’s commercial and marketing team and boosts the Group’s market analysis capabilities. One of Wei Ling’s key responsibilities is the marketing and continued development of the Group’s Commercial and Technical consultancy business, M3 Marine Expertise (M3ME) as well as the Group as a whole.
31. “M3 Marine’stechnical teamhave vastseagoing &projectmanagementexperienceenabling qualitysurveying,troubleshooting& solutiondriven advice &technicalsupport” Projects & Inspections Manager, Alex Brabin Projects Engineer, Elizabeth Anne Morris (CEng (First Class Chief Engineer) has extensive MIMechE) has 9 years industry experience since experience as a superintendent and project leaving university, as project engineer in the offshore manager in shipbuilding, conversion and major industry. Lizzie has extensive experience with the repairs on a variety of offshore support vessels manufacture , installation and commissioning of deep and provides consultancy on offshore vessels water mooring connectors and has overseen their installations and systems such as dynamic installation in the Gulf of Mexico and Australia, as well positioning systems, saturation diving systems as being involved with overall project planning/client and vessel propulsion systems. Alex has a keen interface and internal planning and budgetary controls. understanding of classification and flag states She has recently been heavily involved with related topics and survey requirements, analysis modifications to self-propelled jack-ups for use in and problem solving for machinery, electrical and offshore wind farm projects, from design, class dive systems, planning and project management approval and planning to execution and commissioning. of vessel dry dockings, repair and conversions, Lizzie understands the demands of both ISO 9000 & and acceptance and commissioning of vessels 14000 accreditation and the demands of discerning into service. clients, to ensure contract compliance and successful delivery.
32. “We maintainquality &consistentlywell- managedeliverablesthroughout thelife of atransaction,project orrequirement…” Projects Engineer, Luke Rust is an experienced Commercial Executive, Sarasvini Chandrasekeran Marine Engineer and Project Manager with BSc (Eng) ("Vini") is an Honors graduate with a extensive experience in shipbuilding, conversion Bachelor’s Degree in Naval Architecture from and major repairs across a variety of sea going Newcastle University, and holds a Diploma in vessels but with particular expertise in complex Marine Engineering from the Singapore Polytechnic. DP2 and DP3 Offshore Support Vessels. Luke Prior to joining M3 Expertise, Vini worked as a provides high quality auditing and inspection Project Engineer where she gained valuable consultancy across the wide array of vessel types experience in the areas of procurement and project including audit and verification of Dynamic management for work barges; and is experienced in Positioning and vessel propulsion systems. the drafting of offshore structural and mechanical drawings. Vini now joins the M3 Marine Group as a Commercial Executive and adds further value and depth to the technical capability of the M3 Expertise team.
33. “We areenthusiasticsupporters of theNTU & SingaporePolytechnicinternshipprograms…” M3 Offshore Brokers Intern, Kuet Shao Heng M3 Expertise Intern, Teo Hui Fang is currently is currently pursuing a Diploma in Maritime pursuing a Diploma in Maritime Business at the Business at Singapore Polytechnic. Having Singapore Polytechnic. Having joined M3 Marine interned on different maritime sectors in China as an intern, she is learning the different facets of and India, Shao has adapted well in different marine industry. Her role as an intern allows her environments which is his added advantage in to be proactive, enabling her to learn what this age of globalization. During his internship cannot be taught in school. During her internship at M3 Marine, he hopes to be exposed and at M3 Marine, she hopes to get exposed to as offered many learning opportunities to further much knowledge and experience that the enrich his knowledge in the offshore sector. offshore industry offers. She is an eager learner and possess positive attitude in her work.
34. “Fullysupported by adedicated &skilled financeteam…” Financial Controller, David Woon (CPA, MBA), holds Accounts Executive, Shirley Tay studied at a MBA degree from California State University, Clifford Educational Centre where she was Hayward, USA and is a Certified Public Accountant awarded with the London Chamber of with a Degree in Accountancy from NTU, Singapore. Commerce and Industry (LCCI) in Bookkeeping David joined M3 Marine as a Financial Controller of and Accounting. She is currently pursuing an the M3 Group of Companies in October 2009. He advanced level course in CAT and has plans to strives to provide financial leadership and is a pursue ACCA after. business partner to the management to drive M3’s growth. Prior to joining M3 Marine, David has more than 15 years of financial and corporate experience acquired with both MNCs and SMEs in offshore consultancy and other service industries where he assumed senior finance positions.
35. “M3 Marineencourages itsteam at alllevels to take akeen interest &activeinvolvement inbuilding itsclientrelationships &reputation fromfundamentaladministrativesupport rightthe way throughto delivery ofits services…” Accounts Executive, Cynthia Tan is an ITE Office Administrator, Ronna Panganiban graduate with a certificate in Office Skills has many years of experience as Customer and Accounting. She benefits from years of Service Officer in hospitality and accounting experience prior to joining M3 telecommunications industry. This has Marine and is currently pursuing her trained her to effectively perform a variety Association of Chartered Certified of administrative and clerical duties to run Accountants (ACCA) - Level 2 Degree. the organization efficiently.
36. “We promotethe open plan /open door M3 Marine’s office at One Commonwealthculture &readily shareinformation &knowledgewithin theGroup…”
37. M3 Marine Group Pte Ltd1 Commonwealth Lane #06-21 One Commonwealth Singapore 149544 t: +65 6327 4606 m: firstname.lastname@example.org w: www.m3marine.com.sg All rights reserved.
38. M3 Marine Group Pte Ltd1 Commonwealth Lane #06-21 One Commonwealth Singapore 149544 t: +65 6327 4606 m: email@example.com w: www.m3marine.com.sg All rights reserved.