3. Overviews# Don’t proceed without a plan• You might lose control.
4. OverviewsOverview your presentation• Both your audience and you need a plan.
5. Time# Don’t lose track of time.• Time flies…
6. Time Plan for time• Your audience needs a clear and well paced message
7. Slide Designs# Don’t choose Mmm.. water irrelevant fountains… designsE They are a distraction.
8. Slide Designs The design principles ofChoose suspension bridges… your design mindfully What is your main message or theme?
9. Slide Layout# Don’t overcrowd your layout# Layouts that are busy are difficult to absorb# A busy layout is hard to read It’s all too much!# Busy layouts are inconsiderate of audience needs# And chances are you won’t get through all the detail# And your audience will get annoyed and upset# And no-one gains from the presentation.
10. Slide Layout Aah, that’s aProvide space better picture. in your layout• Let your audience consider your message.
11. A good rule of thumb on layout… • Maximum four dot points • Per slide • Maximum four (or so) words • Per dot point
12. Contrasts# Don’t use low contrasts• These are hard to read.• You might cause eye strain.
13. ContrastsUse high contrasts• These are easy to read• Eyes can relax.
14. In a dark room…Use light colour on a dark background
15. In a well-lit room…Use dark colour on a light background
16. Red and green…Great colour comboWorks for Rabbitohs supportersBUT# Tricky on the eyes. QuickTimeª and a GIF decompressor are needed to see this picture.
17. If you want red and green… This combo works better Even Rabbitohs QuickTimeª and a supporters would agree GIF decompressor are needed to see this picture. But beware colour-blindness
18. Fonts…# Don’t use fancy fonts# Don’t use too many fonts# Don’t use thin fonts
19. Fonts…Use clean simple For example… fonts Times Arial Comic Sans Chalkboard Century Futura Geneva Gills Sans …
20. Visual animations…# Don’t dazzle# Don’t overdo• Too much animation is a distraction.
21. Visual Animations… Choose wisely Less is more! How will animation reinforce my message?
22. Use visual animations… To make points appear one at a time Less is more! To gradually reveal a diagram or model step-by-step To make a point stand out.
23. Code Meaning-Making Rules Process Genre Critical Literacy Primacy, relevance and permeabilityof all aspects to literacy and classroom approaches
24. Sound Effects…# Don’t overdo it Maybe I overdid it with the gunshots, explosions and• Too much noise is a breaking glass… distraction# You don’t want your audience getting a headache…# Or rushed to hospital.
25. Sound Effects… Choose wisely• How will sound effects reinforce my message? Check volume control
26. Sound Effects… Use Sound Effects Sparingly To highlight Key points QuickTimeª and a GIF decompressor are needed to see this picture.