1. 2013 2 N D - 5 T H APRIL ZION ON THE FIRST DAY GARY AND DAVE WENT ON A DAY HIKE WHILE I STAYED IN THE RV RECOVERING FROM A COLD. THE WATCHMAN TRAIL INDIAN PAINT BRUSH VIEW FROM UP TOP
2. T H E N E X T DAY COALPITS WASH TRAIL WE PICKED UP A BACK COUNTRY PERMIT AND CAMPED TWO NIGHTS AT ZION. ON THE TRAIL WE WERE KNOWN AS THE LAWN CHAIR WARRIORS. THE CHAIRS ARE WORTH EVERY OUNCE THEY WEIGH WHEN WE RELAX IN THE EVENING. ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE ARE ANTS EVERYWHERE.
3. U P O N A R R I V I N G AT C AMP AS WE ARRIVED AT CAMP I SAT DOWN ON THE ROCKS IN THE ABOVE LEFT CORNER. UPON SITTING I HEARD A STRANGE RATTLING SOUND. I ASKED WHAT IS THAT FUNNY NOISE? GARY AND DAVE URGED ME TO MOVE QUICKLY AWAY.
4. FI RS T C AM PWE LEFT THE SNAKEALONE... WENT AND SET UPCAMP... HE EVENTUALLYSLITHERED AWAY.
5. When gettingout of the tent ﬁrst thing in the morning Gary was waiting with the camera. He thought I was funny.
6. Coalpits wash from above at sunset. Sunrise I caught Dave ﬁrst thing in the morning.
7. DAY TWO1. ALL SET TO HIKE2. LIVING EARTH... FULL OF MICRO- ORGANISMS THAT TAKE 50 TO 100 YEARS TO GET TO THIS LEVEL ARE VITAL TO LIFE IN THE DESERT3. LOVE FROM ZION’S PRICKLY PEAR CACTUS 4. THE VIEW FROM OUR SECOND CAMPSITE
8. THERE WAS A FRESH WATER SPRING BY OURSECOND CAMP SITE.ON THE WAY WE SAW A FEW CRITTERS.A CANYON TREE FROG THESE ARE NOISY LITTLEBUGGERS.GREAT BASIN COLLARD LIZARD.THE BUSY BEE.
9. L A S T DAY HIKING OUT VIAIn the fashion contest... Dave won with his exquisite color coordination sporting more natural color choices. Gary protested stating his camo pants that he bought at Vincent St. Paul are from Paris. SC OGGINS WA SH WHIP TAIL L IZA RD BOU LDERIN G DAVE HELPED ME GET UNSTUCK. GARY TOOK ALL OF THE PICTURES ON THIS PAGE. ALL EXCEPT THE FASHION SHOTS I TOOK OF HIM AND DAVE. DON’T GET MAD GET EVEN WITH THE ONE HE TOOK OF ME IS WHAT I SAY.