1. The first step is to get 2 of the bamboosticks and tie one end together with rubberbands. Make 3 more bamboo Vs. You shouldend up with 4 bamboo Vs and 2 left oversticks.
2. In the next step we will make the starshape. To make it easier to understand howto do this the next images will be colorcoded. The red sticks will make the toppoint of the star. Make a W shape with 2 ofthe Vs with the left V overlapping the rightV. Now bring over the right stick so itsandwiches one leg of the left V. With looseleg of the left V bring it under and combineit with the right V. Use a rubber band andtie the point together. You should end upwith an A shape.
3. Now with one of the single bamboosticks, thread it through the center ofthe A. Make sure that all sticks overlapeach other. Repeat these steps andmake another star. Now that you have 2stars, combine them and tie all thepoints together with rubberbands, forming one single star.
4. Notice that the center of the star frameis a pentagon. With the stars securely tiedtogether, pull apart the center of theframe. Now place one peg at each of thepoint of the pentagon. Now we have acompleted Parol frame, but before we goany further we have to secure the pegs. Wedo this by using hot glue. Put hot gluewhere the peg meets the frame. Be sure toget both sides of the peg.
5. Use the glue stick to put down a goodamount of glue on the center of the frame.Now we put the cellophane. You want to doas less cutting as possible. Line up thestraight edge of the cellophane with one ofthe bamboo sticks, so now you only need tocut 4 sides instead of 5. Use your scissorsand cut the extra cellophane from thecenter of the frame. You dont need to cuttoo close just do a rough cut around theedge.
6. Put some glue on the loose bits ofcellophane and rap it underneath thebamboo to get a clean edge. Now cover thecenter of the reverse side of the star. Oncethat is done we start decorating the pointsof the parol. Put glue on front and reverseside of a point. Then place the cellophane.
7. Keep repeating this step until you haveall the edges of your parol covered. Nowwe finish the parol by covering the frontface of the star. Put glue around the onepoint (the triangle) of the parol. Place apiece of cellophane on the point of the starmaking sure that the straight edge is on thecenter of the star. This is so you dont haveto cut in the center of the parol. Nowrepeat for the rest of the points of theparol.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.