Creating a PowerPoint Presentation
Microsoft PowerPoint Tutorial
the Grades of 6 to 8
Ayşe Begüm AYDINOL
A SAMPLE TUTORIAL ABOUT CREATING A
PowerPoint is a Microsoft Office Application which has aim to create slide shows
easily. Most of the presenters use slide shows in order to support their presentations
by providing visualization.
This tutorial teaches how to create slides, making changes to slides, use of themes
and how to run a slide show.
Required System Settings
1. This tutorial assumes that you
have installed a version of
PowerPoint with all functions.
2. Before you start, be sure that
your PowerPoint version has
the Standard, Formatting and
Drawing from Toolbars. If not,
go to views > toolbars and
select them all as shown at left
Follow the following steps to create a PowerPoint presentation:
Create a Title Slide
1. Open PowerPoint.
2. Choose Blank Presentation from the Task Panel. Then select Title Slide in
order to start with a title page.
3. Then write a title and subtitle as below. Type “TE 506 – PLANNING AND
ASSESSMENT IN TEACHING” in to the click to add title area and type
“Prepared By Group 4” in to the click to add subtitle area.
Insert a New Slide
4. Click the New Slide icon.
5. Then select the Title and Text.
6. Then write a title and text as below. Type “Student Centered Learning” in to
the click to add title area and type the bulleted text in the click to add text area.
Create a Hierarchy
7. In order to create a hierarchical slide, insert a new slide as Title and Text.
8. Then write a title and text as below. Type “Learning by Doing” in to the click to
add title area and type bulleted text in the click to add text area.
9. Later, select the subtopics of “Individual and Group Works” and click the
Increase Indent icon to indent subtopics. If you need to decrease indentation,
click to the Decrease Indent icon.
Use Two Column Text
10. To use two column texts, insert a new slide as Title and Two Column Texts.
11. Then write a title and two column texts as below. Type “Comparison of Old
and New Curriculum” in to the click to add title area and type bulleted text in
both of the columns which has the label as click to add text area.
Apply a Design Template to all Slides
12. Click the Design icon.
13. Then right click to one of the template which is suitable for the presentation by
regarding font colors, font sizes, etc… and select Apply to All Slides.
Outline and Slides Tabs
14. .In order to see the thumbnails of the slide, use the slides tab.
15. In order to see your presentation as an outline, use the outlines tab.
Slide Sorter View
16. To see your slides with the Slide Sorter View, go to View > Slide Sorter.
17. In order to turn normal view, double click a slide.
Running the Slide Show
18. In order to start Slide Show from the first slide, press F5 key from the
19. You can start the slide show by the selected slide by pressing Shift + F5.
20. With the arrow keys, you can move forward and backward slides.
21. In order to stop Slide Show, you can use Esc key from the keyboard.
With applying all the steps above, you have created a PowerPoint