2. Genre/ Information• Snow Bros. is a 2D Platformer game.• It was developed by Sol and published by Capcom.• It was ported to the NES in 1991.
3. Goal/Back-StoryGoal• The main goal of the game is to rescue the two princesses and to rescue Whiteland from evil king Scorch.Back-Story• An evil monarch is vying for world domination. The only people standing in his way are Princes Nick and Tom of Kingdom Whiteland. King Scorch therefore attempts to destroy the two by summoning the Winter Winds and turning them into walking snowmen. With the two princes reduced to a cold state, the King captures Whiteland and even kidnaps the Princesses Tina and Teri of neighbouring Kingdom Snowland. Its up to the two snow heroes to break free of their entrapment, ice King Scorchs plans, and rescue the fair damsels.
4. Major MechanicsObjective:• Destroy all enemies to get to next level.Characters (Nick and Tom):• Can jump and can move left and right.• Can throw Snowballs to the left or to the right.• Can push enemies when their in a giant snowball.Special Power-up• Red power-up increases walking speed.• Blue power-up increases amount of snow thrown, thus making it easier to cover an enemy in snow.• Yellow power-up increases the distance that snow can be thrown.
5. Major MechanicsMonster• Can jump and move to the left and right.• Can shoot fireballs.• Can Fly.• The monster dies if he is turned into a snowball and pushed into a wall.Game Rules:• The player has 3 lives.• The player will lose a life when he gets attacked by a monster or hit by a fireball.• Player will score points when they kill a monster.• When the player starts each level, they can’t lose any health for the first 3 seconds.• You must hit the enemy 3 times with snow to make them into a large snowballs.
6. Sample LevelsLevel One• Enemies: 4• Speed: Normal• Special attacks: NoneLevel Two• Enemies: 5 – (3 Normal, 2 Fire Breathing)• Speed: Normal• Special attacks: Fire Breath
7. RolesLead Programmer:• Boyu LiLead Designer/ Content Developer:• Steven McBreartyLead QA/ Assistant Designer/Assistant Programmer:• Edward Calvey