1. Alexander Bain InstituteInterdisciplinary ProgrammeCyber bullyingandThe Use of SocialNetworks For ChildrenUnder 13 Years OldTamara Luna Alfaro6thBL. N: 14ConversationMiss Monica AlvarezMonday, April 29th, 2013
2.  Bullies have beenaround forever. Technology hasgiven them a tool tobully people withouteven showing theirface.
3.  Bullies bully for manyreasons. Most want to feelbetter while makingothers feel inferior. They don’t evenhave to show theirface through acomputer.
4.  Alcohol and drugs. Skipping school. Poor grades. Low self-esteem. Anxiety ordepression. In extreme cases,suicide.
5.  Parents mayestablish rules suchas what kids can do,where they can go,who they can talk to,etc. Parents maycheck this regularly. Kids should followthese rules.
6.  Some socialnetworks arespecifically for kidsunder 13 years old. Others are not.
7.  Harmful becausekids could interactwith bad people orexperience cyberbullying. Useful because it is afree and simple wayof communicationbetween youngpeople.
8. Pros:- Free way ofcommunication- Safe if used properly- Keeps people closerCons:- Unsafe if usedimproperly- Even worse if kidsdon’t know how touse it
9.  All social networkshave many privacysettings. Parents and tutorsmay set these to bethe safest possible. They may regularlycheck the child’spage or profile, chat,friends, posts, etc.