1. And in a pretty short period of time achieved....
2. As at May 26th 2008...at about 2100K
Over 1,000 page views a week
Over 1 000 page views a week
18 unique visitors...each day
Ranked #1 in the country for its readership
Averages 12 new subscribers each day
3. Is following 59 (62) other like minded people on
Has 41 like minded followers (43 now)
4. nds on
31 friends on
69 direct connections and
5. ...and over 500 interactions a week on
and over 500 interactions a week on
6. Giving them access to over 327,400
...and growing all the time
8. But what business has this generated?
But, what business
Leading blog on the planet in its sector “The Personal
3 new blogs each week (average)
Partnerships with #2 Executive and Non‐Executive Director
Search and Selection Agency
Request to submit proposal to senior member of the Federal
Opposition to provide services
Opportunity to present to Board of ABL (Australian Business
to speak at blogging conference in Las Vegas
to Seattle, Hong Kong and San Diego
, g g g
to present as leading contributor on chosen subject for
#1 blog for small business owners in Australia
j g g
join the Warringah Forum – thought leaders on Federal
9. 3 (not so) SECRETS
to generating MORE business and
BUZZ using Social Media
(in under 15 minutes)
10. 3 Tips for Increasing your reach and being POPULAR
DEFINE – PLAN ‐ PERFORM
What are your passions, skills and talents
Who is your target audience
What is your
•I work with...
•Who have difficulty with...and
•Who would like to...
•What separates me from...
•Is that I....
17. 3 Tips for Increasing your reach and being POPULAR
+ + YOU
18. Vice President ‐ Toastmasters
Vice President – Toastmasters...again
Stefan on Facebook
Business Adviser – good!
General Manager – Toshiba and Laservision
Australia – commentary on BBC forum!
19. Something about Rove (and not Howard)
Proximo – good stuff!
Bit more Proximo and
Chamber of Commerce
Wayne Swan – member for Lilley?
Is Howard up for a Logie?
LinkedIn – phew, last entry
20. Distant relative in Switzerland?
Inform Group ‐ nice!
Something in French about a book!
Distant Royal relative!
Di t t R l l ti !
LinkedIn – looking good
My Personal Favourite – MARINE!
21. Wow – Proactive Business Support!
LinkedIn – storming!
Profile on GNI!
P fil GNI!
More Proactive ‐ businessadviser
Shady Hotel Past
22. My Website ‐ good start
More website – specific link to LinkedIn
GNI – Business Broker
Business Adviser ‐ good!
Some cycling results
Naymz – search for reputable professionals
National Championship results
#1 blog in the world reference to Luke
23. I work with GREAT people and make them POPULAR!
Perform Ph Principle
25. What you probably need to take away from today
DEFINE – PLAN ‐ PERFORM
26. Thank you...
27. •Average age of the top 100 bloggers in the world – 33.8yrs
•Average tenure of the top 100 blogs in the world – 28 months
Average tenure of the top 100 blogs in the world
•57.5% of all internet users are older than 35 (18% are above 55)
•Average age of Facebook users = 35
1.3million users join LinkedIn every month
•1.3million users join LinkedIn every month
•Average age of LinkedIn users = 41
•Average income of LinkedIn users = US$110,000
p j g p p 5
•We pass judgement on other people when we first meet them 11 times in the first 5 seconds
•75% of all search companies use the internet to research candidates