1. To your regard what is a Constitution?(Abstain from copying a
definition, define it on your own)
2. How many Constitutions Colombia had prior to the 1886 Constitution?
3. What were the fundamental elements in regard to administrative
subdivisions brought by each Constitution?
4. 1886 was a final Constitutional development that withheld the test of
time up until 1991 when it was replaced. What were the greatest
achievement of that Constitution?
5. When was Slavery abolished?
6. What were the fundamental elements brought by each Constitution prior
to the one issued on 1886 in regard to the President?
7. What were the fundamental elements brought by the 1886 Constitution
in regard to the President?
8. What is a Constitutional Amendment?
9. Explain the concept State of Siege?
10. What is the main power assigned to the President in a State of Siege
in regard to legislation?
11. Throughout each constitutional development what has been the
position of the Roman Catholic Church?
12. What is a Plebiscite?
13. Explain the concept reciprocal deference
14. What are the most important Constitutional Amendments done to the
15. What did the 1957 amendment to the Constitution change?
16. What was the National Front and what was its main objective?
17. What was the goal of the 1968 amendment to the Constitution?
18. Why did President Barco on 1988 launched the iniciative: Acuerdo de
la Casa de Nariño or Nariño House Accord?
19. What were the main requirements to become President of Colombia?
20. Prior to the 1991 Constitution, could a President be reelected?
21. What were the main constituents of the executive branch of
22. What is a bureaucracy?
23. To what extent could the President decide in the appointment of the
governor for each department?
24. What are technocrats and what is their importance to the executive
branch of government?
25. What were decree-laws?
26. Explain the concept Commander in Chief
27. What constitutional functions were assigned to the President in
relation to national security?
28. What was a presidential designate?
29. What constitutional power had the capacity to confirm the designate?
30. What is a Cabinet Minister?
31. How many houses does the Congress have?, explain
32. What is the Senate and what is the House of Representatives?; is
there a difference?
33. What are the main functions of Congress?
34. What are the functions of the House of Representatives?
35. What are the functions of the Senate?
36. Who elects Congress?
37. How is each member of Congress Elected?(Mandatory Question)
38. How is the Judicial Power organized?
39. What is the role of the Ministry of Justice in the control of the
40. How is the Supreme Court organized?
41. What are the functions of the Supreme Court?
42. Who elects the members of the Supreme Court?
43. What are the functions of the Council of State?
44. Who elects the members of the Council of State?
45. What are the judicial districts?
46. What are the superior courts?
47. How are the lower courts distributed?
48. What are administrative courts?
49. What is the function of the Public Ministry?
50. Why was the main reason to promote the public service or career civil
51. What did the 1957 amendment brought to the public service?
52. What did Law 19 in 1960 established in relations to public service?
53. What can be understood by career service?
54. As of 1988 how was Colombia’s administrative division?
55. What is the difference between a National Territory and a
56. What are the functions of a Governor?
57. What is the lowest level of government for each Department?
58. In what year was the popular election for Majors established?
1.a constitución is a rule in a country.
2.they were 12 contitutions in colombia before The constitution of 1886.
3. The departmental camera, assemblies and the municipal advice were chosen
by popular vote.
4.extradición of drugdealers.
5.The slavery in colombia was abolished in 1851.
7.The prersidential period changed 2 years to 6 years, The president was elected
by The congress.
8. A constitutional amendment is a change to the constitution of a nation or a
9.is a governmental declaration that may suspend certain normal functions of
10.the president chosed the governors and the bogotas mayor.
11.The catholic religion became the official religion and recovery the lost rights in
the past. In 1887 president Núñez settled down a concordato with Santa Sede in
who he gave back those rights to hi
12.a plebiscite is A vote by the electorate determining public opinion on a
question of national importance.
14.the constitution of 1886 had the following
15. it authorizes, in October of 1957, a plebiscite of constitutional reform by
means of Legislative Act no. 0247 to determine the parity of the parties with the
purpose of to look for an exit to the problems of the country. This agreement and
the corresponding period was called the National Front. What plows the most
important Constitutional Amendments donates to the 1886 Constitution
16. The plebiscite of the 1 of December of 1957 approved, with near 94% of
votes to favor, the constitutional reform for the parity enters traditional political
parties both, the liberal one and the conservative, in the Public Corporations by a
period of 12 years and determined that the elections for Departmental President
of the Republic, Congress, Assemblies and Municipal Councils would be realised
during the first semester of 1958.
17. It established that later reforms to the constitution could be realised by the
congress, as long as the reform was approved by the absolute majority (two
thirds) of all the members of the Senate and the Camera voting in two
consecutive ordinary legislative sessions.
18. The regime of Boat also proposed the Constitutional, tending Reformation to
transform the representative democracy into participating democracy, with
aggravating of which it stops to impose it was due to violate the effective
Constitution with respect to the popular consultations.
19. must be native born , in full possession of political rights and older of 30
20.no,it was forbidden.
21. the executive authority this in head of the president who must enforce the
laws the constitution and to name his ministerial cabinet.
22.Bureaucracy is the combined organizational structure, procedures, protocols,
and set of regulations in place to manage activity, usually in large organizations.
23. in case of the governor it is suspended by serious offenses committed
against the law the president can assign the governor temporarily while there is
25. A decree is a rule of la.w issued by a head of state.
26. A commander-in-chief is the commander of a nation's military forces or
significant element of those forces.
27. Along with the troopses, the president also is to the front of the outer relations
through ministry of Outer Relations, the president is responsible for the protection
of the Colombians abroad and the foreign citizens in Colombia
28. The Presidential Designate was a Colombian elected official.
30. a person who is a member of the cabinet.
33.to make the laws