Fine Art ed, then teaching and working as tech, developed Printmaking site. Excited by new developments and the possibility of change, creative solutions and problem solving Did my PGCert in 2004, developed printmaking site, this job came up. Situation I was facing then, challenges to staff using blackboard E bench marking project, ongoing issue of generation of non Digital Natives, Prensky. My approach so far, courses and resources, bespoke developments, staff development, the Learning Technologies Review process, KU survey and FADA survey Other projects Second Life, collaboration with NTU – reflexive Archive Stepping Out, Employability and Reflexive Practitioner Practising Open Education - OERs
2009 report by Bradwell on challenges for HE, accessible free online- recommendations, Laurillard quote.issues of staff development The design school site, paper as ref Mention epade blog etc
Text in black
Vision, last Bl Strategy ran 2007 – 2010 , currently none, but guided by goals of LTA strategy which
1. To enhance the quality of the student learning experience by creating a supportive and inspiring learning environment through all stages of the student life cycle in which the value of knowledge and its creation is recognised
2. To support the development of the curriculum to provide relevant and challenging programmes including provision for work-based learning and continuing professional development
3. To improve the students’ experience of assessment by ensuring that assessment methods are appropriate to test learning, formative assessment opportunities are integrated into the learning experience, effective assessment guidelines are provided to students and effective feedback is given
4. To recognise and build on the skills, resources, community and personalisation afforded to students through the Internet and web-based and personal technologies.
5. To ensure that appropriate and innovative use is made of educational technologies, supported by on-going staff development and evaluation of new initiatives
6. To ensure that appropriate support, within and beyond the classroom, is available for all learners including undergraduate, postgraduate, home and international students, students with disabilities and those in the workplace
7. To encourage creativity in the use of both existing and new learning and teaching space enhanced by supportive staff development
8. To be informed by the student voice through regular feedback through module review, ISRs, faculty staff/student consultative committees
9. To enhance the quality of teaching by extending opportunities for research informed practice
10. To support the professional development of teaching and those who support learning including colleagues in partner institutions
11. To reward excellent teaching through University teaching awards and promotion criteria
New Media Literacies ‘ Play — the capacity to experiment with one’s surroundings as a form of problem-solving Performance — the ability to adopt alternative identities for the purpose of improvisation and discovery Simulation — the ability to interpret and construct dynamic models of real-world processes Appropriation — the ability to meaningfully sample and remix media content Multitasking — the ability to scan one’s environment and shift focus as needed to salient details Distributed Cognition — the ability to interact meaningfully with tools that expand mental capacities Collective Intelligence — the ability to pool knowledge and compare notes with others toward a common goal Judgment — the ability to evaluate the reliability and credibility of different information sources Transmedia Navigation — the ability to follow the flow of stories and information across multiple modalities Networking — the ability to search for, synthesize, and disseminate information Negotiation — the ability to travel across diverse communities, discerning and respecting multiple perspectives, and grasping and following alternative norms.’ Jenkins. H.et al(2006 ) Confronting the Challenges of Participatory Culture: Media Education for the21st Century, Mac Arthur Foundation.