• Share
  • Email
  • Embed
  • Like
  • Save
  • Private Content
Niets doen is geen optie : 2020
 

Niets doen is geen optie : 2020

on

  • 769 views

 

Statistics

Views

Total Views
769
Views on SlideShare
761
Embed Views
8

Actions

Likes
0
Downloads
0
Comments
0

2 Embeds 8

https://twitter.com 6
https://www.rebelmouse.com 2

Accessibility

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Adobe PDF

Usage Rights

CC Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike LicenseCC Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike LicenseCC Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment

    Niets doen is geen optie : 2020 Niets doen is geen optie : 2020 Presentation Transcript

    • Lucien Engelen (@lucienengelen) •Director Radboud REshape & Innovation Center •Head Regional Emergency Network •Advisory to the Executive Committee •Faculty Singularity University / FutureMed Silicon Valley •NOT a doctor, but extremely IMpatient •& a ‘bit’ of a rebel ;-) 360 and Above
    • Not me ! Lucien Engelen (@lucienengelen) •Director Radboud REshape & Innovation Center •Head Regional Emergency Network •Advisory to the Executive Committee •Faculty Singularity University / FutureMed Silicon Valley •NOT a doctor, but extremely IMpatient •& a ‘bit’ of a rebel ;-) 360 and Above
    • •11.000 colleagues •3000 students •1000 beds •ambition to close 500 •Significant impact on health(care) •$1 billion revenue •First Academic Centre outside US EPIC
    • •11.000 colleagues •3000 students •1000 beds •ambition to close 500 •Significant impact on health(care) •$1 billion revenue •First Academic Centre outside US EPIC
    • performance 0 Clayton Christensen time
    • performance anding use most dem quality use high quality use medium quality use low 0 Clayton Christensen time
    • no lo gy quality use high di sr up tiv e te ch performance anding use most dem quality use medium quality use low 0 Clayton Christensen time
    • Linear à 1996 Market cap of $28B Revenue ~$16B Employees 140,000 Exponential
    • Linear à 1996 Market cap of $28B Revenue ~$16B Employees 140,000 Exponential 2012 Market cap < $100M Revenue ~$6B Employees 17,000
    • Linear à 1996 Market cap of $28B Revenue ~$16B Employees 140,000 Exponential 2012 April 9, 2012 Market cap < Facebook Acquires $100M Instagram for $1B Revenue ~$6B 13 employees Employees 17,000
    • Linear à 1996 Market cap of $28B Revenue ~$16B Employees 140,000 Exponential 2012 April 9, 2012 Market cap < Facebook Acquires $100M Instagram for $1B Revenue ~$6B 13 employees Employees 17,000
    • Dorm Biotech Garage Pharma Garage Tech
    • REshape Labs Demand driven relates to strategy Design Implement REshape Spinn-out Business model Scale PVI MOC’s Moments of Choice
    • New Information Layers Internet of Things Sensor Networks Health Data Quantified Self Data Crowd Sourced Info Location HTML (text) Video Social Profiles
    • Exponential going exponential
    • Assumptions rule! ..Average doctor interupts patient within 18 seconds.. …premature closure was the single most common cause for error ...
    • Diagnostic Error in Internal Medicine System & Cognitive No-fault only System error only Cognitive only 28% 46% 19% 7% chance for improvement 74%! h"p://archinte.jamanetwork.com/ar3cle.aspx?ar3cleid=486642
    • Cleveland Clinic doctors’ review of initial diagnosis disagree(with(ini5al(diagnosis( find(need(for(further(tes5ng( recommend(major(changes(to(treatment( plan( 11% 15% 18% recommend(moderate(changes(to( treatment(plan( recommend(minor(changes(to(treatment( plan( 26% 22%
    • What if Watson proves to be right 90% and Physicians 50%?
    • Help is on the way
    • Google’s health venture for eternity CaLiCo Californian Life Company
    • Vinood Kosha The best 10% MD will train new systems that will bionical assist and amplify MD’s. Shift to computerization started: Airplanes, Stockmarket and Car driving 80% of what MD’s do can be replaced with better average.
    • Challenges Medical Data crime Digital virusses in humans Virusses have become biological software 2010 4 billion connected devices, 2020 will be 80 billion
    • Lucien Engelen
    • Lucien Engelen Mobile network operators will become obsolete
    • Lucien Engelen Mobile network operators will become obsolete Cable companies will offer nationwide WiFi coverage
    • Grown up with a mouse In 20 years majority of healthcare consumers will have used a computer for 40 years of their live and by then the internet as #1 source for Health(care)
    • Lucien Engelen
    • Lucien Engelen but ...
    • Lucien Engelen but ... the BIGGEST change will be
    • Lucien Engelen but ... the BIGGEST change will be Patients!
    • HEALTH DATA Patient care, measurements are mostly EPISODIC & REACTIVE …
    • HEALTH DATA … when they need to be CONTINUOUS & PROACTIVE
    • We have to move to stage ‘Zero medicine’ survival rate 10% Death rate 90% late detection death rate 10% survival rate 90% early detection Daniel  kra@  
    • Lucien Engelen
    • Lucien Engelen We’ll subscribe to patients’ data
    • Lucien Engelen We’ll subscribe to patients’ data health(care) will be a data-science
    • Lucien Engelen We’ll subscribe to patients’ data health(care) will be a data-science More change from data science in 10 then medical science in 100 years
    • Coming to a ‘hospital’ IN your home
    • ECG made by iPhone sleeve
    • Diamond Concept Device Piezo-ceramic Stethoscope Electrocardiograph(( (ECG(Sensor( Posi=ve(Electrode)( Electrocardiograph(( (ECG(Sensor( Nega=ve(Electrode)( Photoplethysmograph( (PPG(Sensor)( 60 mm Infrared(Thermometer( Slide 11
    • 39
    • 39
    • Records Exams Labs Vaccines Rx Drugs History Environment Vitals
    • The idea of going down to your doctor’s office is going to feel as foreign as going to the video store...
    • PHR COMMUNITY E-HEALTH
    • PHR COMMUNITY E-HEALTH
    • PHR COMMUNITY E-HEALTH initiative of
    • PHR COMMUNITY E-HEALTH initiative of
    • e-health integration (i.e. for research)
    • e-health integration (i.e. for research)
    • e-health integration (i.e. for research)
    • e-health integration (i.e. for research)
    • Patient at home
    • Prototype CPR/AED Glass
    • Prototype CPR/AED Glass
    • 61
    • “The  only  permanente  in  the  future          will  be  :  change.  
    • “The  only  permanente  in  the  future          will  be  :  change.  
    • “The  only  permanente  in  the  future          will  be  :  change.  The  only  way  to  cope  with  that    is  :  together”                                                              @lucienengelen
    • €1699,€300,-
    • REshape FutureMed trip 2-8 November 2013
    • @lucienengelen