• Individuals and interactions over
processes and tools
• Working software over comprehensive
• Customer collaboration over
• Responding to change over following
That is, while there is value in the items on
the right, we value the items on the left more.
“... allows you to manage contexts for different portions
of your site. Think of each context as representing a
quot;sectionquot; of your site.”
• Make the blog section active whenever the
user is viewing a blog node type or blog view.
• Conﬁgure block visibility by section rather
than by path or PHP code.
• Make primary / secondary menu links active
based on what section a user is viewing.
• Deﬁne section titles or a section body class
to use in page.tpl.php
Spaces allows features (a blog, calendar, casetracker,
shoutbox, gallery, etc.) to be enabled and customized in
different conﬁgurations in different spaces.
• spaces_site creates a single space that
encompasses your entire Drupal site.You can turn
enable/disable features for the entire site.
• spaces_og treats each organic group as a distinct
space. Features can be made disabled/public/private
on a per-group basis.
• spaces_user treats each user's proﬁle as a distinct
space. Features can be enabled/disabled on a per-
Spaces features are essentially context deﬁnitions with
some additional metadata. Once exported to code,
spaces features can be bundled with exported views,
implementations of the space settings class, and other
niceties to create packaged, ready-to-go features.
(a.k.a. Apache Solr)
Solr search can be used as a replacement for core
content search and boasts both extra features and
better performance. Among the extra features is the
ability to have faceted search on facets ranging from
content author to taxonomy to arbitrary CCK ﬁelds.
A streamlined interface for building Views.
Administrators make a few simple choices (What kind
of content should be listed? Do I want to sort by date,
or by title? etc.) and a view is generated on-the-ﬂy.
Because the Views API is used, the resulting views can
be modiﬁed using the full Views UI module.
In addition, every content type gets a simple
checkbox on its conﬁguration screen:
quot;Make a listing page for this content.quot;
When it's checked, the module... makes a custom
listing page, complete with RSS feed, ﬁltered to
just that content type.
• More than just Google Maps
• Google Owns the Data
• Can’t Format the Way You Want
• Services to consider - cloudmade.com,
• Modules to consider - Mapstraction, Nice
Calais is a web service that uses natural language
processing (NLP) technology to semantically tag text
that is input to the service. The tags are delivered to
the user who can then incorporate them into other
applications - for search, news aggregation, blogs,
catalogs, you name it.
Full Node Revision
Stage content in production site
Case Tracker enables teams to track outstanding cases
which need resolution. This module was inspired by the
issue handling in project module, but unlike Project
module, which is speciﬁc to software development,
Case Tracker was designed to be a generic issue
Learn (a lot) more...
• Slides - http://www.slideshare.net/tag/
• Video - http://www.archive.org/search.php?