1. Fusion Middleware LiveApplication Development Demo The team: Duncan, Chris, Ronald, Guido, Aino, Luc, Lonneke, Lucas
2. Setting• Conference organization• Hundreds of speakers from dozens of countries – And a very meticulous abstract review process• Thousands of attendees• Strict timelines• High quality expectations – We can f*** up precisely once
3. Business Challenges• Having to find out what needs to be done today• Sticking to the deadlines• Bringing new staff up to speed• Communicating with speakers and attendees – Answering questions – Processing data – Informing of new information and Prompting to action• Making the process more efficient
4. Process and Players
5. Process and Players ?
6. Why not use Fusion Applications?
7. Fusion Middleware
8. Architecture of Fusion Applications View Business Logic Data Business Services ADF Data Binding events BAM Human Workflow Mediator /BPEL Rules Service assign Process facts Engine complete resultsMonitoring Human interaction Orchestration Policy evaluation
9. Today’s Architecture ADF BPM SOA Suite Database
10. Decoupled Development – Interface based ADF Web EDN service Events (WSDL BPM (XSD) SQL & XSD) Web serviceover (WSDL &JDBC EDN Events XSD) (XSD) SOA Suite AQ & DB Adapter Database
11. First steps• Define data model – Canonical model in terms of XML: XSD – Database: SQL & PL/SQL
12. Model of Database
13. First steps• Define data model – Canonical model in terms of XML: XSD – Database: SQL & PL/SQL• Define Interfaces – Service, Operation, Messages (input & output): WSDL and XSD• Define Business Events – When and What (payload): EDL and XSD• Define Process
14. Defining the business process• Activities – Automated activities: Services – Human activities: Tasks (and User Interfaces)• Process Data• Flow and logic – Sequence of activities, parallel flows – Decision points (forks), conditional steps – Loops, loop backs• Non-happy day scenarios and exceptions
15. Agenda• Defining the Process through BPM(N)• Designing and Implementing the Services• Creating the User Interfaces – The back office administration – The speaker portal – The conference portal (schedule builder)• End to End demo• Revision of process, services and UI – Based on audience suggestions• Final demo and wrap up