On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
- When did the public life of Jesus start?
- Why was it after the temptation?
- What happened with John the Baptist?
Now when Jesus heard that John had been put in
prison, He departed to Galilee. And leaving Nazareth,
He came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is by the sea,
in the regions of Zebulun and Naphtali, that it might
be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet,
saying: “The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali,
By the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of
the Gentiles: The people who sat in darkness have
seen a great light, And upon those who sat in the
region and shadow of death Light has dawned.”
From that time Jesus began to preach and to say,
“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
- Did Jesus walk according to the prophesies in scripture?
- How God refers to those who see Jesus?
- What did Jesus preach?
- Didn’t John the Baptist preached
the message of repentance?
- Was Jesus continuing the work of John the Baptist?
- Wasn’t John the Baptist preparing the way for Him?
- What is the beginning of Jesus message?
- Why didn’t He say He was the Messiah?
- What is repentance?
- Is it not being in agreement with God?
- What did God teach
Adam with the sacrifice
of the animal?
- Was it not the death
that we deserve?
- Can we keep the Ten
- Are they meant to
show us we are
- What was God’s promise to man?
- What do we need?
- Who pays then the wages of sin?
- Can God just forget what He said?
- What lead us to repentance?
Or do you despise the riches of His goodness,
forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that
the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
- Is not the love of God what brings us near to Him?
- Who is giving us the message of salvation?
- How old was Jesus when He made himself
known to the world?
Now Jesus Himself began His ministry at about
thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the
son of Joseph.
- Was important who made up Jesus genealogy?
- Being Adam part of Jesus genealogy means
that he repented?
- Was it coincidence that Joseph and Mary
were both descendants from King David?
- Was Jesus ministry successful in His time?
- Did people follow Him?
And again He entered Capernaum after some days,
and it was heard that He was in the house.
Immediately many gathered together, so that there
was no longer room to receive them, not even near
the door. And He preached the word to them.
Then they came to Him, bringing a paralytic who
was carried by four men. And when they could not
come near Him because of the crowd, they
uncovered the roof where He was. So when they
had broken through, they let down the bed on
which the paralytic was lying. When Jesus saw their
faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are
- Why those four men did bring the paralytic to Jesus?
- Did they believe He could heal him?
- What did Jesus see? Can we see faith?
- Why is faith important to God?
- Is it not The only way to please him?
- Is there a relationship between forgiveness and healing?
And some of the scribes were sitting there and
reasoning in their hearts,
“Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this?
Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
- Against who is sin’s offense?
- Who is the only one that can forgive sins?
- Who is Jesus in that moment?
- Did any of the scribes say something?
But immediately, when Jesus perceived in His spirit
that they reasoned thus within themselves, He said
to them, “Why do you reason about these things in
your hearts? Which is easier, to say to the paralytic,
‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Arise, take up
your bed and walk’?
- How did Jesus know what they were thinking
in their hearts?
- Can the Spirit of God reveal to us the secrets of the heart?
- What happened when the wise men came to Herod?
- What is the real need of the paralytic?
- Is it spiritual or physical?
- How did God deal with Adam need?
the promise - spiritual
the clothing - physical
- Is the physical easier?
But that you may know that the Son of Man has
power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the
paralytic, “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and
go to your house.” Immediately he arose, took up
the bed, and went out in the presence of them all, so
that all were amazed and glorified God, saying, “We
never saw anything like this!”
- What was Jesus emphasis?
The forgiveness of sins
- Why did He refer to himself as the Son of Man?
- Was it not a title of the Messiah?
- How did Jesus heal the paralytic?
By just speaking the word
- Who is Jesus?
Then He went out again by the sea; and all the
multitude came to Him, and He taught them. As He
passed by, He saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at
the tax office. And He said to him, “Follow Me.” So he
arose and followed Him.
- Why did Jesus choose Levi out of all the
multitudes that were following Him?
- Why did Levi follow Him?
- Did he ask any questions?
Now it happened, as He was dining in Levi’s house,
that many tax collectors and sinners also sat together
with Jesus and His disciples; for there were many, and
they followed Him. And when the scribes and
Pharisees saw Him eating with the tax collectors and
sinners, they said to His disciples, “How is it that He
eats and drinks with tax collectors and sinners?”
When Jesus heard it, He said to them, “Those who are
well have no need of a physician, but those who are
sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to
- Why did the Pharisees criticize Jesus?
- Was it right for Jesus to be eating and drinking
- Have we judged anyone ever for their behavior?
- What did Jesus answer the Pharisees?
- Was Jesus calling them righteous?
- Aren’t we all sinners?
- Why did He not confront them?
God does not blame
- Did the Pharisees realize
- Are sinners convinced
that they need salvation?
- Do we have to fall down
in order to realize our need
for God’s salvation?
- How was Jesus Ministry?
how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy
Spirit and with power, who went about doing good
and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for
God was with Him.
- Is not God helping us?
WHAT DID WE LEARN TODAY?
- Repentance is the first step to receive
the saving Grace of God.
- Jesus fulfilled all Messianic Prophesies, even His lineage.
- With God’s forgiveness we get healing for our bodies.
- Our need is first of all spiritual
and then physical.
- We must realize that we have all sinned,
there is no one just by his own merits.
Share your own comment …