2. - Was Moses chosen by God to liberate the children of Israel?
- Who told him in Egypt? God or his mother?
- Why did he leave Egypt? Was he afraid?
3. - Did he fail in liberating his people?
- How did he feel about it?
4. Exodus 3:1-3
Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-
in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the
back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain
of God. And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him in
a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked,
and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the
bush was not consumed. Then Moses said, “I will now
turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does
5. - Where was Moses and what was he doing?
- Was he planning on going back to Egypt or
how to liberate his brethren?
6. - How long was it since he left Egypt? (40 years)
- How old was Moses now? (80 years old)
- Why did God call his attention in such a way?
7. Exodus 3:4-6
So when the LORD saw that he turned aside to look,
God called to him from the midst of the bush and
said, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.”
Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take
your sandals off your feet, for the place where you
stand is holy ground.”
8. Exodus 3:4-6
Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—
the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God
of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid
to look upon God.
9. - Why did God tell Moses not to come near?
- Why was that place holy ground?
- Was it the mount of God or His presence?
- Why did he take off his sandals?
10. - Did the slaves have sandals?
- Was it a sign of reverence?
- Is humility the proper attitude in God’s presence?
11. - Why did Moses answer ‘Here I am’?
- Did Moses have a relationship with God?
- Why did he cover his face?
- Was he convicted by the death of the Egyptian?
12. Exodus 3:7-10
And the LORD said: “I have surely seen the
oppression of My people who are in Egypt, and have
heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I
know their sorrows. So I have come down to deliver
them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring
them up from that land to a good and large land, to
a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of
the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites
and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites.
13. Exodus 3:7-10
Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of
Israel has come to Me, and I have also seen the
oppression with which the Egyptians oppress them.
Come now, therefore, and I will send you to
Pharaoh that you may bring My people, the children
of Israel, out of Egypt.”
14. - What did God see and hear?
(the oppression and cry of the children of Israel)
- Can God see and hear that which we cannot?
- What happens when God comes down?
- Is He coming to judge?
15. - What was the condition of Israel?
- Why did God choose Moses?
- Could he communicate in the court of Pharaoh?
16. - Was the timing of God right?
- Did Moses understand what God was saying?
- What was his reply?
17. Exodus 3:11-12
But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to
Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel
out of Egypt?” So He said, “I will certainly be with you.
And this shall be a sign to you that I have sent you:
When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you
shall serve God on this mountain.”
18. - What was Moses opinion of himself?
- Was not Moses raised in the court of the King of Egypt?
- Was he not mighty in words and deeds?
19. - Did Moses understand he was not able
to accomplish such task?
- Whose work is it? What is God teaching us? Humility?
- Who are we in the presence of God?
20. - What was God promise to Moses?
- Is not God presence enough security?
- What sign did God give Moses?
21. - Was God declaring the future?
- Why was God reassuring Moses faith?
- Was Moses required to act in faith? Are we?
22. Matthew 28:19-20
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All
authority has been given to Me in heaven and on
earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the
nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and
of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to
observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo,
I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
23. - What did Jesus promise His followers?
- Which mission has He given us?
- Was it to go to church or make disciples?
- What is our destination?
24. Revelations 7:9-12
After these things I looked, and behold, a great
multitude which no one could number, of all nations,
tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the
throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white
robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying
out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to
our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”.
25. Revelations 7:9-12
All the angels stood around the throne and the elders
and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces
before the throne and worshiped God, saying: “Amen!
Blessing and glory and wisdom, thanksgiving and
honor and power and might, be to our God forever
and ever. Amen.”
26. - Where is this great multitude?
- Are they in Heaven or in the presence of God?
- What makes us know where are we going?
27. - Do we need faith to do God’s work?
- Who is doing the work?
- Is it us or God?
28. Exodus 3:13-15
Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the
children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your
fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What
is His name?’ what shall I say to them?” And God said to
Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall
say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
29. Exodus 3:13-15
Moreover God said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the
children of Israel: ‘The LORD God of your fathers, the
God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of
Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and
this is My memorial to all generations.”
30. - Why was Moses question who sent him?
- What did God’s answer means?
- Which word contains all of God’s attributes?
31. Exodus 3:16-22
Go and gather the elders of Israel together, and say to
them, ‘The LORD God of your fathers, the God of
Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared to me,
saying, “I have surely visited you and seen what is
done to you in Egypt; and I have said I will bring you
up out of the affliction of Egypt to the land of the
Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the
Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, to a land
flowing with milk and honey.”’
32. Exodus 3:16-22
Then they will heed your voice; and you shall come, you
and the elders of Israel, to the king of Egypt; and you
shall say to him, ‘The LORD God of the Hebrews has met
with us; and now, please, let us go three days’ journey
into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the LORD
our God.’ But I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let
you go, no, not even by a mighty hand. So I will stretch
out My hand and strike Egypt with all My wonders which
I will do in its midst; and after that he will let you go.
33. Exodus 3:16-22
And I will give this people favor in the sight of the
Egyptians; and it shall be, when you go, that you shall
not go empty-handed. But every woman shall ask of her
neighbor, namely, of her who dwells near her house,
articles of silver, articles of gold, and clothing; and you
shall put them on your sons and on your daughters. So
you shall plunder the Egyptians.”
34. - What was God’s plan?
- Why did God give so many details to Moses?
- Was He strengthening Moses faith?
- Why did God call the plagues ‘wonders’?
- What did Moses do after this encounter with God?
35. Exodus 4:18-20
So Moses went and returned to Jethro his father-in-
law, and said to him, “Please let me go and return
to my brethren who are in Egypt, and see whether
they are still alive.” And Jethro said to Moses, “Go
in peace.” Now the LORD said to Moses in Midian,
“Go, return to Egypt; for all the men who sought
your life are dead.” Then Moses took his wife and
his sons and set them on a donkey, and he returned
to the land of Egypt. And Moses took the rod of God
in his hand.
36. - Was Moses obedient to God?
- What did God see in Moses? Faith?
- Do we need faith to take action?
- Why Moses asked Jethro’s blessing?
37. Exodus 4:27-31
And the LORD said to Aaron, “Go into the wilderness
to meet Moses.” So he went and met him on the
mountain of God, and kissed him. So Moses told
Aaron all the words of the LORD who had sent him,
and all the signs which He had commanded him.
38. Exodus 4:27-31
Then Moses and Aaron went and gathered together
all the elders of the children of Israel. And Aaron
spoke all the words which the LORD had spoken to
Moses. Then he did the signs in the sight of the
people. So the people believed; and when they heard
that the LORD had visited the children of Israel and
that He had looked on their affliction, then they
bowed their heads and worshiped.
39. - What was the reaction of the children of Israel??
- Did they believe?
- What was the result of believing?
- Was it adoration?
40. Exodus 5:1-2
Afterward Moses and Aaron went in and told
Pharaoh, “Thus says the LORD God of Israel: ‘Let
My people go, that they may hold a feast to Me in
the wilderness.’” And Pharaoh said, “Who is the
LORD, that I should obey His voice to let Israel go?
I do not know the LORD, nor will I let Israel go.”
41. - Did Pharaoh know the Lord God of Israel??
- Would he have let them go if he knew Him?
- How did Moses and Aaron start their message?
- Didn’t the Pharaoh look at himself as God?
42. Exodus 7:1-6
So the LORD said to Moses: “See, I have made you
as God to Pharaoh, and Aaron your brother shall be
your prophet. You shall speak all that I command
you. And Aaron your brother shall tell Pharaoh to
send the children of Israel out of his land.
43. Exodus 7:1-6
And I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and multiply My
signs and My wonders in the land of Egypt. But
Pharaoh will not heed you, so that I may lay My
hand on Egypt and bring My armies and My people,
the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by
44. Exodus 7:1-6
And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD,
when I stretch out My hand on Egypt and bring out
the children of Israel from among them.” Then
Moses and Aaron did so; just as the LORD
commanded them, so they did.
45. - Who talks to Pharaoh?
- What authority was
bestowed upon Moses
in dealing with Pharaoh?
- Did the children of Israel
needed to know the
God of his forefathers?
46. - What is God showing them?
- Signs and Wonders?
- Were those plagues or
- Who is it plagues to?
- Was there a difference
between Israel and
47. WHAT DID WE LEARN TODAY?
- God has a calling and a time for each one of us.
It is important to seek and wait on Him
in order to succeed.
- God will fulfill His purpose in us,
even if we have made a mistake.
- Faith is required in order to accomplish the work
that only He can do through us.
- Humility is the only attitude in which we can stand
in God’s presence.
- God makes Himself known to us through His Wonders
Share your own comment …