from Lou Master , "Chef Louie"
4 - tablespoons oil
3 - onions (yellow)
4 - green bell peppers
1 - bunch celery
1 - bunch fresh parsley, chopped
2 - bunches green onion
8 - ea carrots
2 - packages Ekrich Polish Kelbasa Sausage
2 - chicken breasts
6 - cloves garlic (crushed)
2 - cans (29 oz ea) Hunts tomato sauce
2 - cans (28 oz ea) Hunts crushed tomatoes
2 - cans (32 oz ea) chicken broth
1 - large box Minute Maid Instant Rice
1 - tbls each salt, black pepper, red pepper, paprika
Tappey's Red Devil Cayenne Pepper Sauce
1. Cut sausage diagonally into 1/4" slices, cut chicken in chunks
2. Cut up onions & bell pepper in 1/4" pieces
3. Cut up celery in 1/4" slices including leaves
4. Cut carrot lengthwise in 1/4 and then 1/4" slices
5. Chop up parsley
6. Combine crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste
and parsley in a large bowl.
1. In Lou's pot, heat oil
2. Add celery, onions and bell pepper, carrot. Cover and cook over medium
heat until melted down, stirring occasionally (cover when not stirring)
3. Add sausage and chicken, cook & stir until juices start to appear
4. Add crushed tomato, tomato sauce and chicken broth
5. Add spices/seasonings and stir
6. Bring to a slow boil (stirring occasionally) and turn off heat
8. Stir in rice making sure it is all wet, put lid on pot
9. Should be ready to serve in about 15 minutes, after rice softens
10. Serve as a meal by itself with fresh French Bread & butter
or accompanying anything else you are serving.
11. ENJOY !!!!
This recipe makes 36 good size servings. Leftovers taste even better the next day.
Also good with shrimp. Use your imagination.