Oral class presentation
- First term : Personal information .
- Eg: hobbies, sports, cinema, celebrities, holidays, friends, jobs, school, music ... any more ideas?
Oral Class presentations
- Second Term : Around the world in English .
- Eg: Geography, Politics, Literature, Festivities, Traditions… of an English speaking country.
- Third Term : Social issues
- Eg: Environment, NGOs, Racism, Violence, Unemployment… topics from the News.
Oral Class presentation
- What makes a good presentation?
- According to experts, there are 4 elements:
- Content : Interesting information for your AUDIENCE.
- Structure :Good organisation with introduction, main body and conclusion.
- Presentat ion : Voice, body language, eye contact and visual support and media .
- Language : grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.
- Greetings and introduce yourself . Who are you?
- Introduce your talk . What’s your topic?
- General explanation . What are you going to do?
- Main body . Develop your topic. Put your ideas in order of importance.
- Conclusion : summary and conclusion
- Invite to questions : do you have any questions?
Language (after structure)
- Ok, let’s get started. Good morning, everybody. My name is, I am a student at IES Castelló …
- Introduce your talk . Hook Options:
- A- Make a question . Eg: Do you know that…?/ How many people here like…?
- B- Give some amazing facts . 40% of Catalans…
- C- Tell a story/personal anecdote . When I was little... /I was watching a film last weekend…
- Today I want to talk to you about…...............................
- Main body (be organised and plan carefully)
- a)-------------- a)-------------- a)-------------
- b)-------------- b)-------------- b)-------------
- c)-------------- c)-------------- c)--------------
- To finish/In the end I’d like to say that………….
- Are there any questions?/Do you have any questions?
- If there are any questions, I’ll be happy to answer them.
Transmission: smile, please.
- Stand relaxed. Do not sit .
- Move around left, right, among audience.
- Use gestures just like a normal conversation, not more
- Eye contact look at your audience and focus on 2 or 3 people. Ask a friend to watch you giving your presentation. DO NOT READ ALL THE TIME from your notes.
- Voice Do not sound like a robot. Vary intonation, volume and speed. Pauses at strategic point give time to think.
- Control your nerves by preparing well , breathing deeply and moving around during the presentation.
- Visual aids: Powerpoint, video, internet, music, dvd, images, handouts… ALL RELEVANT TO THE TALK.
Oral Class presentations
- Short notes on paper support permitted.
- Powerpoint (max. 2-3 slides summary) recommended.
- Photos, links, video, music possible. They can be inserted in the slides.
- Diskette, Cd or Pendrive support.
Oral class presentation A Good preparation makes a better Presentation!