- 3 or 4 people to a table, please
to Your Library!
- 1 pen or pencil per table
- About the library’s staff and “stuff”
Today’s To Do’s…
- Your FIRST LR Library Book Checkout!!!
Who IS the Librarian, anyway?
A Little about Ms. Trapani
- LR Librarian for 11 years (best job on earth!)
- See me with ANY book, research, or computer questions!
My Job is... To make your lives EASIER ! In a nutshell ,
Another Person Who Can Help Make Your Lives Easier…
When is the Library Open?
See Me for Book Checkout, Book Return, or Computer Questions…
- ***During Advisory (with a pass)
- A few minutes before and after school
- During class (with a pass), but PLEASE peek first !
About Book Checkout…
- “ Do I need a library card?”
- “ How many books can I take out at once?”
- “ How long can I keep a book?”
- “ What happens if a book gets lost?”
You will also visit the Library…
- For Research Projects (presentation, then independent work)
- Different than Elementary School Library
- Teachers request library time
What kind of “stuff” does the Library have?
- Click LR Library under School Resources on LR eChalk page
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Color and Black & White printers
Technology ONLY for Research and other Schoolwork…
- Laptop carts (for classroom use)
Books for School Assignments and Just for Fun…
- Tons of books (about 14,000)
A Quick Tour…
- Mysteries, Historical Fiction, etc.
- Sports, cars, countries, animals, historical events, etc.
6 Ridiculously Simple RULES…
- All other school rules also apply in the library.
- lateness, food, drink, coats, electronic devices, etc.
- No profanity/disrespectful language
- No hitting, poking, pushing, etc. (even if you’re “just playing”)
- Treat objects in the Library with care & respect.
- Follow computer usage rules
# 5 Be on time and ready to work.
# 6 Return all library books on time or early.
In case you forget… RESPECT
- All 6 library rules can be summarized with ONE word…
- Loss of library privileges
Hope you paid attention! It’s time for a POP QUIZ!
Each table gets a “Scavenger Hunt.” Work together! The first table to answer ALL questions wins a prize!!!
How to Choose the Right Book…
Start the year off right-- READ!
Slide Show Created By:
- Lawrence Road Middle School